Heworth Roundabout

I'm also fairly certain there was nothing accidental about the failure of them either. Those are probably the most inappropriate lights on a roundabout I can think of. The ones up at Mill House are probably the scond worst.
Aye both roundabouts are completely pointless and cause traffic delays.

Is the metro parking still open at Heworth, usually park at long stay and get metro over to city centre rather than parking in Newcastle itself, totally forgot on Saturday and ended up parking in Newcastle, £16 for 4 hours parking!

It is.But you can only access the long stay via Pelaw (going through Mill Lane)

Same bunch who have put lights on the roundabout at the Galleries end of the Sunderland/Washington highway. Traffic never used to be that bad, then they put lights in and it queues back for ages. The lights failed for a few weeks and the traffic jams disappeared. Their response was to put the lights back on.

Should only be on at peak times if at all , nowt worse taking fifteen minutes to get to Wessington way from Washington on a Sunday afternoon , made all the more bearable by sitting at a red light with no traffic coming from the right.

The traffic lights near the Washington hospital are a prime example , you can queue back onto the Washington highway heading west on a morning now , never been a problem before they put the f***ing lights there.

I’m convinced Sunderland council have a policy of anti traffic , if one of the employees responsible is reading this feel free to convince me otherwise .

I’m convinced Sunderland council have a policy of anti traffic , if one of the employees responsible is reading this feel free to convince me otherwise .

Speak to cllr michael mordey. I am yet to see a good piece of road design that he has his name to, the majority having glaringly obvious flaws.

I left the airport at 5pm last night. The a1 southbound past the metro etc was diabolical so I decided to go through the city.
It took me till 6.25pm to get past Heworth.

since the schools have went back , its got worse . if we get snow next week, it'll be fun, going to strugle to get over 0c next week during day
Changed the flow on Sunday having removed the roundabout seems to have slowed everything down, but that f***ing discovery stopped just under the bull fucked it up totally earlier...

Snow next week? Oh fuck...

Snow expected both Tuesday & Friday according to my weather app on the phone.

its gone from significant snow to snow showers but we may get prolonged snow :lol:

UK Outlook for Monday 26 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 7 Mar 2018:
It will be turning much colder next week. Monday and Tuesday will be mainly dry with sunny spells, but snow showers will develop across some eastern and southern areas, where fresh winds will make it feel bitterly cold. Through the rest of the week it will remain cold with an increased risk of ice, frost and snow showers. These will be heaviest and most frequent in central and eastern areas, and some spells of more prolonged snow are possible at times, particularly in the east and across southern England. The cold weather will continue into early March, with the northwest seeing the best of any brighter weather, and here it may be less cold at times, although brisk winds will continue to bring a marked wind chill

Long Range Forecast

its gone from significant snow to snow showers but we may get prolonged snow :lol:

UK Outlook for Monday 26 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 7 Mar 2018:
It will be turning much colder next week. Monday and Tuesday will be mainly dry with sunny spells, but snow showers will develop across some eastern and southern areas, where fresh winds will make it feel bitterly cold. Through the rest of the week it will remain cold with an increased risk of ice, frost and snow showers. These will be heaviest and most frequent in central and eastern areas, and some spells of more prolonged snow are possible at times, particularly in the east and across southern England. The cold weather will continue into early March, with the northwest seeing the best of any brighter weather, and here it may be less cold at times, although brisk winds will continue to bring a marked wind chill

Long Range Forecast
Just checked for an update on my phone, Tuesday has now changed to sunny but Friday remains snow.

In short, they don’t have a clue. :lol:

Used it loads recently no problems at all. Glad to see the people of the northeast have finally twigged that using both lanes and merging in turn actually works, unlike when the whitemare pool works were done some years ago and you always got some tit blocking the right hand lane.

Used it loads recently no problems at all. Glad to see the people of the northeast have finally twigged that using both lanes and merging in turn actually works, unlike when the whitemare pool works were done some years ago and you always got some tit blocking the right hand lane.

it drives me insane that. merge in f***ing bastard turn, use both f***ing lanes you C*nt... theres big signs telling you to do it for gods sake

it drives me insane that. merge in f***ing bastard turn, use both f***ing lanes you C*nt... theres big signs telling you to do it for gods sake
there was an hgv doing the old block both lanes trick heading towards the heworth roadworks from newcastle this evening. thick kernt. should be an endorsable offence.

Went through on Monday at 6pm, some prick in a works van saw me overtaking everyone because they wanted to merge about 800 yards prematurely. Just swung his van out into the middle of the road, had to slam the brakes on. Don't get it like, merge in turn, use both lanes. I'm all for a good orderly queue like but it's just daft.

Back