Hemir

I often think, if we looked at someone playing in the northern league, who scores 20+ goals a season, and throw him into our team, it can't be any worse than what we have right now. I know absolutely nowt, but if i were in charge i'd be giving that a shot seeing as our current strikers are crap.
They would be absolutely miles off it as well like. The gap between non league and the Championship is enormous.

He's another that looks progressively worse once we get our hands on him. Fuck knows what we do day in day out in training. He looked like he might have had summat in the preseason, now not only has he not kicked on in any meaningful fashion, but he looks like my dad trying to play on a beach.

We seem to take decently talented kids, who've obviously been the beneficiaries of established, productive development at other clubs, then hoy them in the team where if we are lucky them perform for a short period from past memory before reverting to being shite. I'm struggling to think of any of these rough diamonds that we've actually noticeably improved since they first set foot on soil at the SOL.

I think it's a training and development issue. I suggest we put him on the bench and take a few young hopefuls along with the match day squad. In the pre match warm up, their remit is to chase Hemir all over the pitch trying to kick his arse. If he dodges them enough he gets to play minutes in the actual game.

This would also enhance the fans' matchday experience. Win win.

He was the perfect signing to compliment 3 other strikers who were already here and established. That way we could pick and choose when to give him minutes and let him develop in the 21s without any pressure. Only issue is we didn't have 3 other strikers when he came in and still don't now.

The logic of signing a promising kid from benfica is absolutely fine - but then immediately throwing him into the deep end in a sink/swim situation was stupid.

When he first signed most of us said at that point - great, but if he's starting 1st game of the season we're in trouble.

The only positive from today is that we never seen him.

It's mad that someone could think he could do it at championship level. He struggled at a lower level. It would be like a premier league club signing someone who was struggling in the championship then wondering why he's struggling in the premier league!!
Our number 9, watch him during the pre match warm up, talk about being behind the curve.

Our number 9, watch him during the pre match warm up, talk about being behind the curve.
Watch him score against Tow Law or someone in pre season and then some proudly announce he’s going to be a good striker
He is stealing a living. I've heard people say they've seen him struggle at under 23 level
I’ve seen for the u21s a couple of times and he’s looked even more lazy than he does for the first team

Back