Hemir

From what I have seen of the lad he doesn’t offer anything at all to the team. Is this down to poor coaching, well some of it possibly, but I just don’t see any real hunger or desire in the lad as he just walks around the pitch as if not seeming to be bothered. Then to compound this you look at him in the U21s and he looks lost there too. I think we have bought a dud.

From what I have seen of the lad he doesn’t offer anything at all to the team. Is this down to poor coaching, well some of it possibly, but I just don’t see any real hunger or desire in the lad as he just walks around the pitch as if not seeming to be bothered. Then to compound this you look at him in the U21s and he looks lost there too. I think we have bought a dud.
You can coach a young lad from morning, noon and night but if there’s not a footballer in there it’s a waste of time.

You could argue that having him on the pitch is a hindrance.
That performance he put in on Saturday, you could say that the only benefit of playing him was that his presence may have occupied the mind of the opposition when one of our other players had the ball. It’s the worst he’s played for us & that’s saying something.

Sporting Director Kristjaan Speakman added: “Hemir is very talented young player who’s motivated to develop and progress. It was not an easy decision for him to leave a Club where he has been since 8 years of age, and equally it was not an easy acquisition for us considering the level of interest in him. He will complement our existing options in the final third and he possesses some great physical and technical attributes, so we are really happy he’s chosen to continue his career with SAFC.”

Few bones to pick out of that one.
He talks some shite this fella like doesn’t he.

Think it needs a good experienced head coach in who can actually have a say . He can look at the squad, pick out the shite , and tell Speakman to get shot , and get me this type of player.

If only.

Such a frustrating player, hes got the size, strength and pace in his locker. Hes shown that only once or twice this season, but its there.

I used to think he has potential, seems clear to me now he just cant be arsed. Hes still only young, so id be tempted to give him a season long loan next season. But then id also be tempted to just fuck him off.

I haven’t deflected anything. The strikers have been mismanaged horrifically this season, both under Mowbray, Beale and Dodds. Starting a game, out for 10 games. Same pattern for all of them.

How anyone expects them to do the biz when they don’t get any consistent run in the team is baffling in itself. The club need experience as well, it’s clear as day, but I’m certainly not gonna slag off players.

Neither of our owned strikers have played more than 4 times in a row.

I’m always here for a sensible conversation if you’d like to engage likewise. Until then just keep bumping with clown emojis as I think that’s your limit when it comes to a debate.
The problem is that Speakman has put us in a position where we can’t afford to give them a run as we don’t have anyone else to do the business. We should have a proper number 9 who Hemir comes on to replace late in games. Possibly get the odd cup game etc. However it’s hard to even see this as viable after what we have seen of him this season.

He just hasn't been "physical" enough to begin to compete, he's completely devoid of aggression and perhaps more importantly self belief. Such a shame because maybe, if we could find a way to instil some belief and aggression, we may have a player on our hands. Send the bugger to a sports psychologist and if that doesn't work pack him off to league two or below and hope that shocks the lump into action.

Back