Hemir

He just hasn't been "physical" enough to begin to compete, he's completely devoid of aggression and perhaps more importantly self belief. Such a shame because maybe, if we could find a way to instil some belief and aggression, we may have a player on our hands. Send the bugger to a sports psychologist and if that doesn't work pack him off to league two or below and hope that shocks the lump into action.
There’s millions of young players who don’t make it in this game. To make it you have to have it in you brain, most players are more or less on par with each other when it comes to fitness, if he hasn’t got it up top by now I don’t think there’s much hope.

There’s millions of young players who don’t make it in this game. To make it you have to have it in you brain, most players are more or less on par with each other when it comes to fitness, if he hasn’t got it up top by now I don’t think there’s much hope.

Based on what I've seen of him so far I'm forced to concede. It's that little spark of hope in me refusing to die. :)

There's a few of the current crop getting unfair criticism simply for being young and inexperienced.

Hemir is not one of them. He is slow, lazy, always flat footed, unable to turn, outjumped for every header and outmuscled by every defender. I can't see anything in him that would suggest he will be a championship level striker.
Clearly the data thinks so ;)

Clearly the data thinks so ;)
I know you're saying that tongue in cheek, but surely this club is as good at crunching data as it is at everything else, given how many donkeys still keep rocking up in each transfer window.

I'm not even convinced you can apply this Moneyball model to football. It works in baseball because each pitch / at bat is a single event with a number of binary outcomes that are easily and consistently measured at all levels of the game. But football is a dynamic game with an vast number of variables happening at once, most of which are subjective and only measured at the most elite level, if at all.

I can forgive a player for not being that good but giving 100% effort, Hemir is bone idle

It’s staggering that some still can’t bring themselves to admit that this lad is a complete non-starter.

Genuinely if you picked a lad his age and size out of non-league football, gave him the training facilities, opportunity to develop as they have with Hemir, I’m sure we’d see a better player on the pitch.

He’s just breathtakingly poor and a huge red flag for whoever authorised his signing.

It’s staggering that some still can’t bring themselves to admit that this lad is a complete non-starter.

Genuinely if you picked a lad his age and size out of non-league football, gave him the training facilities, opportunity to develop as they have with Hemir, I’m sure we’d see a better player on the pitch.

He’s just breathtakingly poor and a huge red flag for whoever authorised his signing.
Excellent summary, the lad brings nothing to the team when he plays, whoever signed off on a 5 year contract want their bumps feeling.

Surely the lack of experience around him must take a lot of the blame. The fact that our head coach and director of football have never kicked a ball in anger also doesn't help , who are these players supposed to learn from , XL spread sheets are not the answer

Surely the lack of experience around him must take a lot of the blame. The fact that our head coach and director of football have never kicked a ball in anger also doesn't help , who are these players supposed to learn from , XL spread sheets are not the answer
The lack of striker experience definitely doesn't help him, Dodds and Speakman not being ex pros is fairly irrelevant.

He’s come from B level football with Benfica into a very competitive and physical championship.

He’s only 20 - and on average it takes players around 12 months to adapt.

Whats worrying though is that he hasn’t scored for us yet when he’s had some decent chances and he’s essentially our #9

He’s being thrown in at the deep end with no real room to develop and get better.

Because rightly so we need a striker who can score goals at this level - not in 12 months time.

I agree that he’s lazy as owt mind, so doesn’t do himself any favours there.

I hope I’m wrong but like many, I don’t think he’s going to make it here.

I’m still baffled he just started walking towards the goal when he tackled their CB 40 yards from goal.

Unbelievable that he wouldn’t run at goal in that situation.

I’m still baffled he just started walking towards the goal when he tackled their CB 40 yards from goal.

Unbelievable that he wouldn’t run at goal in that situation.
The lad simply doesn’t possess a footballing brain. There’s simply nothing there to work on without that attribute. The pc stats must have had a bug in the system the day we looked at his abilities

I often think, if we looked at someone playing in the northern league, who scores 20+ goals a season, and throw him into our team, it can't be any worse than what we have right now. I know absolutely nowt, but if i were in charge i'd be giving that a shot seeing as our current strikers are crap.

Burstow gives him a good run for the money
At least Burstow looks kind of athletic. Like he would beat me in a race haha. Hemir looks immobile and completely lost on the pitch. I hate the fact I'm so critical of a young lad like this but its clear for everyone to see. f***ing shame on wankers who keep putting him out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he dreads his name being on the white board when he walks in the dressing room.

In the U21s he seemed to be more of an observer of a game than a committed participant within it. Bewildered almost. I wondered if maybe he kind of felt out of place at cold wet evenings in Eppleton and maybe the crowds of the SOL might snap him out of it and into action. But he's just the same.

The lack of striker experience definitely doesn't help him, Dodds and Speakman not being ex pros is fairly irrelevant.
I think it does , they have no experience in match situations, you can only know so much from a book , not say being an ex player is always the answer but it must help

Seen glimpses obviously in pre season when he scored a few good headers and then he has had a couple of sub appearances where he’s looked decent, but it’s not enough.

Want to be able to defend him but he’s just not doing enough. They brought Sinclair on on Sat and he looked a handful and caused us problems. Same age as Hemir. So not sure you can even use that as an excuse… need to see a lot more from him or move him on

Back