Hemir

It’s would get ripped to bits
It's not dissimilar to what we have now (which has its issues, yes)
Better. I'd have Evans in for Ekwah if he was fit..
I'd see those has the same formation. The second one is sitting out of possession and the first is when we have sustained periods of possession.

On paper a 4-4-2 with one of the CMs more advanced and the other sitting

I'd like us to sign a better, fitter Evans as a number 1 priority. It would unlock Neil and Ekwah to focus on the better parts of their games as well imo

Last edited:
It's time to give the big man a run of games until the end of the season. We have to be looking towards next season now. He needs games and I do think he will eventually come good. I can see something in him, he's different to what we have and there's plenty of potential there. Other young lads like Rigg and Watson should be getting minutes too. If we are to mount a promotion push next year then these are the type of players that will have to step up because we will inevitably lose our better players.
Agree with all of that, plus unlike Rusyn, he looks like an actual No 9. Better to play Rusyn off him, or out wide (or not at all🤔)

Patterson

Hume Ballard O'Nien Hjelde

Neil Styles Ekwah

Mundle Hemir Clarke

Subs: Bishop, Pembele, Seelt, Rigg, Ba, Aouchiche, Bellingham, Watson, Rusyn.​
In settled possession. What a system

Logon or register to see this image

Isolate the best dribbler 1 v 1 against the opposition full backs. Hume license to push over or under on Mundle. Hjelde holds back.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Time to dust off these stats accurate at January 29th

• Hemir has the highest xG per 90 of our strikers (0.5)
  • He's received the most passes per 90 of any of our 4 strikers
  • He has the highest progressive passes received per 90 for our strikers.
  • He's made the most attempted and successful tackles of our strikers per 90
  • He has also made the most recoveries per 90 of any of our strikers
Probably needs to be taken with a grain of salt given that he's played the equivalent of just over 3 full games over the entire season.

I think there's still a fitness/desire issue there. There was a point where Hume in the second half went on a run and put a ball into the box and Hemir was still about 5 yards back after strolling forward. I'd be concerned that if he started, the game would pass him by.

I'd like to see him used more though, if not just to see someone different. He at least has a bit more presence. Nothing to lose at this stage.

I dont see any harm in playing Hemir instead of Burstow unless of course it is indeed harming him in some way bearing in mind he is only a kid really.

Back