Hemir

Father Larry Duff

Goalkeeper
It's time to give the big man a run of games until the end of the season. We have to be looking towards next season now. He needs games and I do think he will eventually come good. I can see something in him, he's different to what we have and there's plenty of potential there. Other young lads like Rigg and Watson should be getting minutes too. If we are to mount a promotion push next year then these are the type of players that will have to step up because we will inevitably lose our better players.

It's time to give the big man a run of games until the end of the season. We have to be looking towards next season now. He needs games and I do think he will eventually come good. I can see something in him, he's different to what we have and there's plenty of potential there. Other young lads like Rigg and Watson should be getting minutes too. If we are to mount a promotion push next year then these are the type of players that will have to step up because we will inevitably lose our better players.
If we are relying on people like Watson to get promoted next season we will struggle nothing to do with his general ability but you have to be exceptional to be playing at the top end of this league in a promotion team.

I agree that I think there is a player in there somewhere, but I think Mowbray analysis was bang on the money; he’s nowhere near ready yet.

He should have been signed as the backup to an experienced striker, and then been gradually blooded in from the subs bench in games we were comfortable. Instead he is in competition for the starting spot with a Ukrainian midget winger, as Spanish kid and an English kid on loan. None of whom look even close to being the striker we need Hemir to be the understudy of. We basically ask the 4 of them to draw straws in the dressing room before the match to see who gets the starting spot today, and when that inevitably doesn’t work out they pull a name out of a hat to see who they get replaced by.

When ever he is brought on, it is in a hope that we will change the game for us. He’s always coming in to an under-pressure scenario and not being afforded the luxury most kids are given when breaking into a team.

As the Play-Offs disappear into the distance, I can see the appeal in suggesting playing Hemir and Rigg (and some time for Watson).

Unfortunately, with the team so low on confidence, lacking all our best players and having virtually nobody with experience (apart from O'Nien, but he can't do it on his own), it may backfire and damage their careers.

He’s a European number 9 rather than an old fashioned English number 9. He did a good job in his cameo yesterday of taking the ball in and spreading it to the wing….but he’s never going to battle with defenders or be a battering ram.

I’d probably have said we should give him a go alongside Rusyn is the three at the back experiment hadn’t gone so badly.

For now I think we should persevere with Rusyn and try to get our midfield to look for him running beyond more.

Hemir is the only one of our forwards who has the physical attributes to play as a centre forward in our set up. Needs to have a run of games with the club showing confidence in him.

I’d rather we try and improve our assets rather than Chelsea’s who has proven to be very poor.

Stop all this common sense talk. It’s Sunderland for gods sake. We’ll stick with playing Burstow and Dack till they leave in the summer.

I agree that I think there is a player in there somewhere, but I think Mowbray analysis was bang on the money; he’s nowhere near ready yet.

He should have been signed as the backup to an experienced striker, and then been gradually blooded in from the subs bench in games we were comfortable. Instead he is in competition for the starting spot with a Ukrainian midget winger, as Spanish kid and an English kid on loan. None of whom look even close to being the striker we need Hemir to be the understudy of. We basically ask the 4 of them to draw straws in the dressing room before the match to see who gets the starting spot today, and when that inevitably doesn’t work out they pull a name out of a hat to see who they get replaced by.

When ever he is brought on, it is in a hope that we will change the game for us. He’s always coming in to an under-pressure scenario and not being afforded the luxury most kids are given when breaking into a team.
Sadly I agree with this which is grim because it’s a miserable rant

Hermir and Rusyn should be your 3rd and 4th strikers next season getting minutes off the bench here and there and the odd start.

To even suggest we will rely on them just means we won’t be competitive at the top end they’re nowhere near good enough to base a promotion push on.

Back