Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endomondo's good if you go running, cycling or walking...

I can't get it to work properly. It shows me where I am via sat fine, but whenever I start it the only thing it ever records is the time, never the distance travelled. It's giving me no more info than my wristwatch.

Marty Moose said:
I can't get it to work properly. It shows me where I am via sat fine, but whenever I start it the only thing it ever records is the time, never the distance travelled. It's giving me no more info than my wristwatch.

Strange and im no gadget geek so can't help either. One of my mates told me about it so I got it and it works fine for me. There's 4 of us all added as friends on it so you can track each others runs or bike rides and have a bit banter...

Currently eat at least 2500 and 3500 daily without putting weight on. Possibly more.

Dropping to 1500 would see me drop more than 1.5lbs in a week, without doubt. May try it out as maybe I'm wrong.....
the numbers would say if you're currently having 2500 a day and you drop to 1500, that would be 1000 a day x 7 days = 7000 calories = 2lb.

My fitness pal has me down as 1490 calories to lose 1.5lbs a week with four work 60 minute work outs a week. Far too low.

That's why it's retarded to use it as anything other than a way to track your food.

What type of "fitness app" recommends an active grown man to eat the amount of calories of a sedentary 60 year old woman ffs.

Currently eat at least 2500 and 3500 daily without putting weight on. Possibly more.

Dropping to 1500 would see me drop more than 1.5lbs in a week, without doubt. May try it out as maybe I'm wrong.....

sorry i didn't understand your post, but having read it a dozen times i eventually got it. :lol:

That's why it's retarded to use it as anything other than a way to track your food.

What type of "fitness app" recommends an active grown man to eat the amount of calories of a sedentary 60 year old woman ffs.

I dont know Titus, do you?

calm down marra. :oops:

I'm not angry, I'm just saying any fitness app that tells a grown man to eat such a low amount of calories that he's going to have severe metabolic slowdown amongst other problems isn't a very good 'fitness' app and the advice it's giving is shit.

I'm not angry, I'm just saying any fitness app that tells a grown man to eat such a low amount of calories that he's going to have severe metabolic slowdown amongst other problems isn't a very good 'fitness' app and the advice it's giving is shit.

You seemed a little wound up by it TBH.

It's a calorie counter Titus, It keeps a record of your food and your cardio. It does not provide common sense though, the user has to provide that.

You seemed a little wound up by it TBH.

It's a calorie counter Titus, It keeps a record of your food and your cardio. It does not provide common sense though, the user has to provide that.

That's what I said, it's useless as anything other than a way to track food intake. People DO actually take these things as gospel unfortunately, seen it plenty of times. Get people coming onto forums "I'm eating 1700 calories a day and I can't lose weight anymore" and it's pretty painful to see.

you can over-ride the suggested calories. Also, when it gives you the suggested calorie value it doesn't take into account how many workouts you say you do so i dunno why it even asks you that.

you can over-ride the suggested calories. Also, when it gives you the suggested calorie value it doesn't take into account how many workouts you say you do so i dunno why it even asks you that.

I just use MyMacros+.

Nice interface, calculates the macros of food based on weight etc.

That's what I said, it's useless as anything other than a way to track food intake. People DO actually take these things as gospel unfortunately, seen it plenty of times. Get people coming onto forums "I'm eating 1700 calories a day and I can't lose weight anymore" and it's pretty painful to see.

I'm just happy such a tool exists where by I can easily tot-up my intake and expenditure either on the go or at my desk.

Mind, the metabolic slow down you mentioned would not be as a result of the app would it? it would be because the user asked to lose a mental amount of weight per-week.

My goals are realistic (under 1lb a week) and I hope, reasonably healthy (basically eat normally and do some cardio, if I skip the cardio I need to reduce my intake if I want to be in deficit)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just happy such a tool exists where by I can easily tot-up my intake and expenditure either on the go or at my desk.

Mind, the metabolic slow down you mentioned would not be as a result of the app would it? it would be because the user asked to lose a mental amount of weight per-week.

My goals are realistic (under 1lb a week) and I hope, reasonably healthy (basically eat normally and do some cardio, if I skip the cardio I need to reduce my intake if I want to be in deficit)

Well you're going to have metabolic slowdown as a result of being in a prolonged calorie deficit anyway, but running huge defecits for a long period of time is just brutal. My point was that some people will get a figure from an app like this telling them how much they should be eating, they'll follow it, even if it results in a ridiculously obscene deficit.

I like apps that allow you to track food and shit, but there are just too many variables that go into energy expenditure that no app is going to be accurate and you're best off looking at your activity level and diet together and getting a rough idea of your energy requirements that way.

Well you're going to have metabolic slowdown as a result of being in a prolonged calorie deficit anyway, but running huge defecits for a long period of time is just brutal. My point was that some people will get a figure from an app like this telling them how much they should be eating, they'll follow it, even if it results in a ridiculously obscene deficit.

I like apps that allow you to track food and shit, but there are just too many variables that go into energy expenditure that no app is going to be accurate and you're best off looking at your activity level and diet together and getting a rough idea of your energy requirements that way.

I'm of the opinion they should remove the goals part of the application or limit it. You're right though, some idiots will state they want to lose a stone in a month and consume under 1000 calories a day.

Luckily, I have common sense. :lol:

I'm of the opinion they should remove the goals part of the application or limit it. You're right though, some idiots will state they want to lose a stone in a month and consume under 1000 calories a day.

Luckily, I have common sense. :lol:
i think they should keep the goals but i don't understand why they ask you how many workouts you do and for how long then don't take that into account.

i think they should keep the goals but i don't understand why they ask you how many workouts you do and for how long then don't take that into account.

yeah the strength stuff.. looks out of place like, first time i had seen it yesterday.

Is there a market for an app which does what MFP does and perhaps brings in a stronger section on strength? perhaps also gives you more info on micro-nutrients on your food-stuffs?

lasses boxing gold medal about to start btw..

yeah the strength stuff.. looks out of place like, first time i had seen it yesterday.

Is there a market for an app which does what MFP does and perhaps brings in a stronger section on strength? perhaps also gives you more info on micro-nutrients on your food-stuffs?

lasses boxing gold medal about to start btw..
No i mean the part where it asks you how many workouts you do. You could say 0 or you could say 10 hours, 7 days a week and it doesn't change your calorie target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back