Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah, I would use another app for that and record the calories then enter just the calorie figure into MFP, that's was I was doing with my running.
thought this had calorie amounts for cardio? how do you input the calories burned?

oROSSo said:
thought this had calorie amounts for cardio? how do you input the calories burned?

It does. Enter what activity you were doing and for how long and it tells you the calories burned

it does, but I don't think it's as accurate (weight, height, altitude, pace ect) as say RunKeeper. The figures were very different, i use the RunKeeper value.

if you don't know the value, like for cleaning, decorating or buckin MFP has a ball-park figure in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Search for the activity, edit the time and then the calorie value. Press Add.
so you'd need to use another site or app to tell you calories burned for weights then add it into this app as a cardio exercise?

Does that only work for the cardio activities?

must do. Seems abit weak that.. I don't do any strength stuff personally..

I guess you could just add it as cardio if you want the kcal value

so you'd need to use another site or app to tell you calories burned for weights then add it into this app as a cardio exercise?

looks like it marra, seems like a weak part of the app TBH - i'm all bait and cardio..

No, when you add exercise there are two options cardio and strength.

For weights etc. it's under strength

must do. Seems abit weak that.. I don't do any strength stuff personally..

I guess you could just add it as cardio if you want the kcal value

looks like it marra, seems like a weak part of the app TBH - i'm all bait and cardio..
It doesnt let you add it in as cardio. No results found.

No, when you add exercise there are two options cardio and strength.

For weights etc. it's under strength
It doesnt give you a kcall value for weights.

reet I'm just gonna put my kettlebells and bodyweight routines down as about 18 cals per minute. Seems about right.

It doesnt let you add it in as cardio. No results found.

It doesnt give you a kcall value for weights.
I'll make a new entry in the cardio section as 'kettlebells' using 18 calories burned per minute. so 20 minutes would be 360 which seems about right. Not perfect but the best this app seems to be able to do. Better for tracking nutrition than exercise admittedly.

reet I'm just gonna put my kettlebells and bodyweight routines down as about 18 cals per minute. Seems about right.

I'll make a new entry in the cardio section as 'kettlebells' using 18 calories burned per minute. so 20 minutes would be 360 which seems about right. Not perfect but the best this app seems to be able to do. Better for tracking nutrition than exercise admittedly.
Suppose I could log onto Wellness at work at get the Kcal for each exercise and copy to this app and once they are all saved should have the perfect app really.

prehab26 said:
Is there any good Apps to determine how many Kcal have been expended in a strength based session?

Endomondo's good if you go running, cycling or walking...

My fitness pal has me down as 1490 calories to lose 1.5lbs a week with four work 60 minute work outs a week. Far too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back