Helldivers 2

jedi_toaster

Striker
Awesome. Just so much fun. And the whole Starship Troopers aesthetic is amazing (if you liked the film). Bringing ‘democracy’ to far off planets by killing all the bugs/automatons that live there. Only played about two hours so far but it’s just crazy, manic fun with a squad of four. Friendly fire is always on so if anyone decides to walk in front of your hail of bullets then it’s goodnight Vienna (and is always amusing). The artillery you can summon down from your ship is impressive, and it’s the best use of the haptic feedback and triggers I’ve experienced in a game so far. And at £35 I’d highly recommend it.

£25 on CDkeys for it on PC

I have been following it for a while but it seems to have stability issues with AMD GPUs. And match making doesnt seem to work yet.

There is actually a starship troopers game thats very similar to it, called extermination. The problem with it is they are doing a big update in the spring which will wipe and progress so its not worth playing atm.

Awesome. Just so much fun. And the whole Starship Troopers aesthetic is amazing (if you liked the film). Bringing ‘democracy’ to far off planets by killing all the bugs/automatons that live there. Only played about two hours so far but it’s just crazy, manic fun with a squad of four. Friendly fire is always on so if anyone decides to walk in front of your hail of bullets then it’s goodnight Vienna (and is always amusing). The artillery you can summon down from your ship is impressive, and it’s the best use of the haptic feedback and triggers I’ve experienced in a game so far. And at £35 I’d highly recommend it.
Do you want to know more

Really interested in this for PS5 but tbh all of my mates don’t bother gaming anymore so I keep myself mainly to offline games these days.

How is the match making with with randoms or is it essential to have a party together

Really interested in this for PS5 but tbh all of my mates don’t bother gaming anymore so I keep myself mainly to offline games these days.

How is the match making with with randoms or is it essential to have a party together
It’s fine. But it can be quite tactical, like, it makes no sense to take multiple copies of the same ship-support items into battle (you can call down massive napalm strikes and stuff). It’s also useful to have each others backs so you can call out bugs etc that are approaching from the sides and rear. Luckily there’s normally three or four of our group of five online so we can squad up and chat. I never talk to randoms.

You can play it single player, but it takes a hell of a lot of fun out of it.

It’s fine. But it can be quite tactical, like, it makes no sense to take multiple copies of the same ship-support items into battle (you can call down massive napalm strikes and stuff). It’s also useful to have each others backs so you can call out bugs etc that are approaching from the sides and rear. Luckily there’s normally three or four of our group of five online so we can squad up and chat. I never talk to randoms.

Cheers mate, might get it next pay day could see if we could get a group of SMB’ers together if the thread gets more attention !

It's class if a little overly chaotic. I'm always dying to friendly fire. The ammo wastage cos of the realistic reloading is a good addition, but annoying.

Not sure if it’s just me but it’s f’ing solid playing it solo even on easy if you’re sub level 5. No idea if it gets easier once you unlock the more advanced stratagems.
It’s loads better in a squad and is designed to be played that way. Matchmaking on PS5 seems to be a bit more hit and miss since the latest update.

Everyone is going crazy over this but I just can't get into it.

Just get overwhelmed and die within a few minutes of landing, and don't know anyone else who plays so it's solo or randoms.

Actually enjoying Suicide Squad more 🤷‍♂️

Everyone is going crazy over this but I just can't get into it.

Just get overwhelmed and die within a few minutes of landing, and don't know anyone else who plays so it's solo or randoms.

Actually enjoying Suicide Squad more 🤷‍♂️
I literally couldn’t get into it last night. It’s so popular they underestimated server requirements and they’re always full atm. 😡

Is it me or does it seem to be getting pushed quite aggressively and most people saying they cant get into it?

Havnt played it yet and loved ST so we shall see

Is it me or does it seem to be getting pushed quite aggressively and most people saying they cant get into it?

Havnt played it yet and loved ST so we shall see
I think all the streamers are playing it because it’s a fantastic game, different from the usual squad shooters out there, and has some very enjoyable and bombastic moments. Rather than some sort of marketing push. If it was a push by the producers then they should have sorted the servers out before the influx!

I watched Neebs do a video on it and if you have a group of mates it looks fun, however I'm not sure how long the mechanic will appeal, unless of course there's more modes to explore?

land, secure objective, alamo extraction.

Music is very Starship trooper like which is class

I watched Neebs do a video on it and if you have a group of mates it looks fun, however I'm not sure how long the mechanic will appeal, unless of course there's more modes to explore?

land, secure objective, alamo extraction.

Music is very Starship trooper like which is class
From what I’ve read and watched the more people clear a planet the more the map updates in real time until a full planet is “liberated”

From there they will introduce more planets and enemies etc even going as far as having your home planet Super Earth invaded which potentially would be brilliant

Decided to get this on steam rather than PS5, mostly to avoid an online multiplayer tax. Have to say, the community is a pleasure and the game is so damned fun!

Gambit1977 on there if anyone’s looking for democracy!
Bought this on Sunday night and it’s taken over my life. I’m on PS5 but I’ll see if I can add you might need a friend code or summit when I was looking at the friends/social menu last night.

Could get a full squad of SMB helldivers :cool:

Back