Heineken Blade beer machine

I just wish the blade had more variety… would get one in a heartbeat.
Is the Blade any better as a machine though? The PD for me def has better beers on offer. Things like Spaten and Lowenbrau ya can't really pick up in the shops and ya don't see 'em in the pubs. The Heineken brands are all pretty much readily available and more commercial.

Is the Blade any better as a machine though? The PD for me def has better beers on offer. Things like Spaten and Lowenbrau ya can't really pick up in the shops and ya don't see 'em in the pubs. The Heineken brands are all pretty much readily available and more commercial.
That’s what I mean. I think the machine is better yeah and the 8L kegs and much quicker cooling time are what makes it better. It’s just the generic choice of beer that really lets it down compared to the PD

That’s what I mean. I think the machine is better yeah and the 8L kegs and much quicker cooling time are what makes it better. It’s just the generic choice of beer that really lets it down compared to the PD
Hmm. I'm sure the PD usually comes out on top in the head to heads I've read. I think the difference in cooling times is negligible to be honest. The Blade cools in 10 hours from room temp, the PD 12 hours (shorter on the Pro I think).

I know the cooling time can be a pain in the arse, but last Saturday I loaded a keg from me shed during the Cup final, it was 11 degrees when I first put it on (bearing in mind how hot it was outside). I know ya meant to wait til 3 degrees to start drinking, but after full time I thought fuck it I'm having some at 8 degrees and it was spot on to be honest. Ya could always cool ya glass anarl. This was IPA like, which probably lends itself to being served slightly warmer than lagers.
I bought a beer fridge so I can always have the next keg pre-chilled. I’m like Einstein me.
What'd ya get? I was looking into this a while ago but never got round to looking again.

I bought a beer fridge so I can always have the next keg pre-chilled. I’m like Einstein me.
I've got a beer fridge mind, so I could always do that too. Just need to make some room as it's currently full to the brim of Guinness nitrosurge cans :)
Hmm. I'm sure the PD usually comes out on top in the head to heads I've read. I think the difference in cooling times is negligible to be honest. The Blade cools in 10 hours from room temp, the PD 12 hours (shorter on the Pro I think).

I know the cooling time can be a pain in the arse, but last Saturday I loaded a keg from me shed during the Cup final, it was 11 degrees when I first put it on (bearing in mind how hot it was outside). I know ya meant to wait til 3 degrees to start drinking, but after full time I thought fuck it I'm having some at 8 degrees and it was spot on to be honest. Ya could always cool ya glass anarl. This was IPA like, which probably lends itself to being served slightly warmer than lagers.

What'd ya get? I was looking into this a while ago but never got round to looking again.
I got this beer fridge FYI - Swan 80L Glass Fronted Under Counter Fridge

Plenty of room in it and it's not too bad on the leccy bill.

In regards to the cooling time, every comparison video i've watched has the Blade loads quicker on cooling from room temperature. Naturally though, I'd have the keg in the fridge first anywya.

Last edited:
I've got a beer fridge mind, so I could always do that too. Just need to make some room as it's currently full to the brim of Guinness nitrosurge cans :)

I got this beer fridge FYI - Swan 80L Glass Fronted Under Counter Fridge

Plenty of room in it and it's not too bad on the leccy bill.

In regards to the cooling time, every comparison video i've watched has the Blade loads quicker on cooling from room temperature. Naturally though, I'd have the keg in the fridge first anywya.
I dint wanna know about that where the PD is concerned mind. :lol:
Pretty certain this is the model I got: Beer Fridge | 85 Litre Glass Door Fridge Black | Subcold Mini Fridges – Subcold Ltd

The PD sits on top, next keg in the bottom, and the rest cans or bottles (and some tonic and wine for the missus).

It’s dead quiet which is one of the things I was after.
They're the ones I was looking at before. I was trying to work out if they'd fit a keg and owt else in.
I was gonna go second hand on ebay like - not paying that for fridge to hoy in the shed. :lol:

Last edited:
Aye same here.

Logon or register to see this image

I need to re-order a Sunderland badge for me handle, as I keep forgetting to remove the magnet when rinsing the tap, so the water getting to it has knacked it a bit.
Where did you get yours I can't find any.
See you can get wraps and drip tray cover things too

Last edited:
Aye same here.

Where did you get yours I can't find any.
See you can get wraps and drip tray cover things too
Seller on ebay.

This lad... PERFECT DRAFT PRO - GLOSSY FRONT BADGE MEDALLIONS - MULTIBUY DISCOUNTS | eBay

Just a bit back and forth with messages regarding the design, and sorted for under a fiver.

It was polished up before he sent it, so didn't have that bit scuff you can see below the badge. Looked spot on 'til I soaked the hower. :lol: Still looks alright to be honest, but it's gone a bit skewiff cos when I first realised I did it I managed to separate the top from the magnet when trying to take it off the handle and had to glue it back together.

Last edited:
Seller on ebay.

This lad... PERFECT DRAFT PRO - GLOSSY FRONT BADGE MEDALLIONS - MULTIBUY DISCOUNTS | eBay

Just a bit back and forth with messages regarding the design, and sorted for under a fiver.

It was polished up before he sent it, so didn't have that bit scuff you can see below the badge. Looked spot on 'til I soaked the hower. :lol: Still looks alright to be honest, but it's gone a bit skewiff cos when I first realised I did it I managed to separate the top from the magnet when trying to take it off the handle and had to glue it back together.
You got the PD pro like? Looks great mind.😎

Just put the Goose in earlier after chilling in the fridge overnight. It's a nice drop i must say, gutted i never got a few.
Yeah, I went with the intention of getting 5/6. Only bought the blade for the £20 kegs! 🤣 The Stella is canny like, only problem is it doesn’t keep a head. Going to try the unfiltered to see what it’s like. Want to try the Tiny Tebel Club Tropica? but it’s supposedly like gold dust

Fiver delivery though so can sometimes be cheaper to pick up at nisa.
I do have a tenner credit to use though so gonna get a stella unfiltered.
That Clarkson Hawkstone lager is meant to be really nice but never tried it yet.
I don’t tend to buy lagers but the Hawkstone is really good. I like the IPAs but will go for some of the richer beers in winter. I loved the Hertog Jan Bockbier. The Leffe ruby is a nice summer drink but beware your missus will nick the fucker. :lol: I have the Green Mountain in at the moment and it’s not bad. The Jaipur when they had it on was superb. Got a keg of that chocolate orange stout to go in next.

Back