Heineken Blade beer machine

Anyone on here got one? Very tempted but the price brand new (nearly £500) is steep. A few kicking about on Marketplace and would be tempted for £200/£250. Just curious as to what they're like in comparison to the much cheaper Phillips perfect draught? The 8L kegs in the Blade look much better and it does work out an ok price for a pint (given the price in pubs now). The only other downside is much less choice of kegs on the Blade too! Cheers for any advice!

I'm sure lots will recommend them. For me I couldn't get past the much higher purchase price, but I suppose it depends what you want. When I've read reviews they basically seem to suggest they're about as good as each other (which led me to choose the cheaper option!).

Main thing I guess is which of the drinks selection you like more. I like Heineken and Birra Moretti so the blade appealed for that reason. Same time though the perfect draft had lagers that I could happily have during a match (bud, bud light, corona, becks) and it had Stella which is canny when it's the 5% stuff. I'm not a craft beer drinker, but regardless there seemed more choice with perfect draft (and I'll no doubt get some leffe and some of the others soon).

My opinion was :

Drink selection - pretty even really, depends what you like but definitely more choice with perfect draft

Size - perfect draft suited me better as it was easier for sitting in the kitchen

Cost - perfect draft the winner (kegs seem a bit better value on the blade but you can get discounts on perfect draft ones and the massively lower initial cost offsets a lot of it unless you neck a load of drink!)

Keg size - that's one where I'd prefer the blade, the extra 4 pints or so would be useful (10.5 pints in the perfect draft just makes it feel like you'll need to change kegs all the time, especially if you're not drinking alone)

Cooling - the blade chills it quicker, but I've just kept a keg in the fridge or outside and it's been fine, cools about a degree an hour in the perfect draft so not a deal breaker for me, I just put it on in the morning if I want a drink that afternoon and it's fine

Looks - the blade probably looks a bit better, but again it's not something I'd use when choosing which to go for

For me the size, the cost and the choice of beers was the most important and that led me to favour the perfect draft. If you can get a good deal on a blade then I'd say its mainly just down to which beer selection you like better!

I'm sure lots will recommend them. For me I couldn't get past the much higher purchase price, but I suppose it depends what you want. When I've read reviews they basically seem to suggest they're about as good as each other (which led me to choose the cheaper option!).

Main thing I guess is which of the drinks selection you like more. I like Heineken and Birra Moretti so the blade appealed for that reason. Same time though the perfect draft had lagers that I could happily have during a match (bud, bud light, corona, becks) and it had Stella which is canny when it's the 5% stuff. I'm not a craft beer drinker, but regardless there seemed more choice with perfect draft (and I'll no doubt get some leffe and some of the others soon).

My opinion was :

Drink selection - pretty even really, depends what you like but definitely more choice with perfect draft

Size - perfect draft suited me better as it was easier for sitting in the kitchen

Cost - perfect draft the winner (kegs seem a bit better value on the blade but you can get discounts on perfect draft ones and the massively lower initial cost offsets a lot of it unless you neck a load of drink!)

Keg size - that's one where I'd prefer the blade, the extra 4 pints or so would be useful (10.5 pints in the perfect draft just makes it feel like you'll need to change kegs all the time, especially if you're not drinking alone)

Cooling - the blade chills it quicker, but I've just kept a keg in the fridge or outside and it's been fine, cools about a degree an hour in the perfect draft so not a deal breaker for me, I just put it on in the morning if I want a drink that afternoon and it's fine

Looks - the blade probably looks a bit better, but again it's not something I'd use when choosing which to go for

For me the size, the cost and the choice of beers was the most important and that led me to favour the perfect draft. If you can get a good deal on a blade then I'd say its mainly just down to which beer selection you like better!
Nice one! Thanks for that mate really helpful. The general reviews and opinions on YouTube are exactly what you've just said really. The keg size feels like a big thing for me, as you say changing it every 10 pints or so feels a bit of a pain and the fact it's cooled quicker in the Blade. I also feel like the Perfect Draft seems to be more easily available in local shops who also do the £5 return tokens too. I think if this marketplace thing doesn't come off I may well go PD!
Or you could just spend £500 in the pub and have a far more enjoyable experience
Don't get to the pub as often as I used to mate, generally only match days for the day. Got an 11 month old now so if we do nip to the pub it's never for very long! :cry:

Nice one! Thanks for that mate really helpful. The general reviews and opinions on YouTube are exactly what you've just said really. The keg size feels like a big thing for me, as you say changing it every 10 pints or so feels a bit of a pain and the fact it's cooled quicker in the Blade. I also feel like the Perfect Draft seems to be more easily available in local shops who also do the £5 return tokens too. I think if this marketplace thing doesn't come off I may well go PD!

Don't get to the pub as often as I used to mate, generally only match days for the day. Got an 11 month old now so if we do nip to the pub it's never for very long! :cry:
Aye, not sure if you saw this one but it was a good review which had perfect draft coming out (just) on top Should i get a Blade or Perfect Draft machine? - Draught Beer At Home

Both seem like really good machines mind. I'm very happy with the perfect draft (and if you're right that it's easier to get a hold of the perfect draft kegs then that's another plus point for it) but I'm sure I'd have been happy with a blade as well! You really can't lose with either imo, enjoy!

Or you could just spend £500 in the pub and have a far more enjoyable experience
Depends on your situation really mind. Me and the missus like to have a drink on the weekend but with an 8 year old we can't really just go out to the pub all the time. For me it's a machine or bottles/ cans. The perfect draft is as near as I can get to a pub standard pint without being able to go to the pub. Equally it's the same for Sunderland away games, not many pubs have them on so its easier just watching a stream at home with the perfect draft machine

My opinion was :

Excellent post.

Anyone on here got one? Very tempted but the price brand new (nearly £500) is steep. A few kicking about on Marketplace and would be tempted for £200/£250. Just curious as to what they're like in comparison to the much cheaper Phillips perfect draught? The 8L kegs in the Blade look much better and it does work out an ok price for a pint (given the price in pubs now). The only other downside is much less choice of kegs on the Blade too! Cheers for any advice!
PD has much better choice and a keg return scheme plus a discount code. It’s much better value for money and currently £50 off a machine bundle. The Blade does hold more beer, near double what the PD holds but the choice is much less and much more macro/commercial (tiger, Heineken etc). The sub is the smaller version of the blade and has much more choice and is much cheaper but it only holds 3.5 pints at a time. The torps are small enough though to be stacked in the fridge so you can just swap them out as needed.

Overall I recommend the PD, but be sure you’ll actually use it and like the beers that beerhawk have, otherwise it’s a waste and bulk buying good tinnies/bottles is a much better idea.

Aye, not sure if you saw this one but it was a good review which had perfect draft coming out (just) on top Should i get a Blade or Perfect Draft machine? - Draught Beer At Home

Both seem like really good machines mind. I'm very happy with the perfect draft (and if you're right that it's easier to get a hold of the perfect draft kegs then that's another plus point for it) but I'm sure I'd have been happy with a blade as well! You really can't lose with either imo, enjoy!
I was just thinking, i'm onto a winner either way by the sounds of it. That review is great too, considers just about everything! Cheers :)
PD has much better choice and a keg return scheme plus a discount code. It’s much better value for money and currently £50 off a machine bundle. The Blade does hold more beer, near double what the PD holds but the choice is much less and much more macro/commercial (tiger, Heineken etc). The sub is the smaller version of the blade and has much more choice and is much cheaper but it only holds 3.5 pints at a time. The torps are small enough though to be stacked in the fridge so you can just swap them out as needed.

Overall I recommend the PD, but be sure you’ll actually use it and like the beers that beerhawk have, otherwise it’s a waste and bulk buying good tinnies/bottles is a much better idea.
Yeah that's what's tempting me too, the fact there's a sale on at the moment! If Camden Hells was available on either my decision would be made but it's not on either. I like tins/bottles but you can't beat a proper pint IMO, it'll always be better

Last edited:
I was just thinking, i'm onto a winner either way by the sounds of it. That review is great too, considers just about everything! Cheers :)

Yeah that's what's tempting me too, the fact there's a sale on at the moment! If Camden Hells was available on either my decision would be made but it's not on either. I like tins/bottles but you can't beat a proper pint IMO, it'll always be better
One thing I would say is that the two machines are owned by different breweries, so you’ll never see some beers on certain machines. So Heineken have the blade/sub, if you love Heineken you’ll never get that on the PD and vice versa for Stella on the blade etc.

AB InBev own Camden so you’ll never see their beers on the blade, whereas you’ll probably get Hells on the PD at some point over the next year I think.

There’s Facebook groups for the machines and you get people shelling out hundreds on either machine and then asking when they’ll see X beer on that machine as it’s their favourite and then they realise it’s brewed by the owner of the other machine and they’ll never get it.

One thing I would say is that the two machines are owned by different breweries, so you’ll never see some beers on certain machines. So Heineken have the blade/sub, if you love Heineken you’ll never get that on the PD and vice versa for Stella on the blade etc.

AB InBev own Camden so you’ll never see their beers on the blade, whereas you’ll probably get Hells on the PD at some point over the next year I think.

There’s Facebook groups for the machines and you get people shelling out hundreds on either machine and then asking when they’ll see X beer on that machine as it’s their favourite and then they realise it’s brewed by the owner of the other machine and they’ll never get it.
Did not know that at all! Think that's probably made my mind up then :lol: The blade does look great and keg size is big thing form me but the choice on PD and potential for Camden Hells to be on there is a bit too much for me to turn it down now.

They are a better machine, lager cools quicker, more pints, more choice on pd like

Did not know that at all! Think that's probably made my mind up then :lol: The blade does look great and keg size is big thing form me but the choice on PD and potential for Camden Hells to be on there is a bit too much for me to turn it down now.
Yeah I’ve seen it happen so many times, Ab InBev basically “own” the PD and Heineken own the blade/sub and they both own or part own other breweries so there is a segregation of beers between the machines. I’ve seen independent breweries swap between the two - like punk ipa was on the sub and is now on the PD but the brewery owned beers will never swap between machines

Yeah I’ve seen it happen so many times, Ab InBev basically “own” the PD and Heineken own the blade/sub and they both own or part own other breweries so there is a segregation of beers between the machines. I’ve seen independent breweries swap between the two - like punk ipa was on the sub and is now on the PD but the brewery owned beers will never swap between machines
Aye, I got the feeling that there was a bigger range of brewers on perfect draft. I like some Heineken beers, but if that's almost all that is likely to be on there it's a major negative. Feels like more of the independent ones are on perfect draft, they certainly seem to add new kegs quite regularly (blade might do as well mind). Since I got my perfect draft a couple of weeks ago they've added bud light, there's a ukranian one coming and st feullien or something (no idea what it is) has just been added as well. If you're waiting for one like Camden Hells I'd be more confident of it coming to prefect draft. Note of caution mind, a lot of new kegs seem to sell out very quickly, if it appears get it straight in the basket (with bud light they restricted to 3 kegs but at least it's better than nowt!)

Back