Heineken Blade beer machine

No, they're plastic

Is juniper any good ?
I've not tried that one - sure I've had a bottle before but can't really remember owt about it.

I only got the machine at Christmas, so the kegs I've had so far are Spaten*, Lowenbrau*, Midway, and Camden Pale. All excellent. They're all beers I'd drink if I was out so non-brainer. I'm wary of getting owt daft like Leffe or Hoegaarden, cos though I do like the odd one, I think they'd be too heavy going to have on tap.

The beauty of the PD whilst ya've got a keg on the go, is being able to just casually fill a little tumbler or small glass in passing. :lol:

**I've had the Oktoberfest brews for both of these off me mate's PD as well - class. Will be getting some meself when they're back on.

I've not tried that one - sure I've had a bottle before but can't really remember owt about it.

I only got the machine at Christmas, so the kegs I've had so far are Spaten*, Lowenbrau*, Midway, and Camden Pale. All excellent. They're all beers I'd drink if I was out so non-brainer. I'm wary of getting owt daft like Leffe or Hoegaarden, cos though I do like the odd one, I think they'd be too heavy going to have on tap.

The beauty of the PD whilst ya've got a keg on the go, is being able to just casually fill a little tumbler or small glass in passing. :lol:

**I've had the Oktoberfest brews for both of these off me mate's PD as well - class. Will be getting some meself when they're back on.
Just got mine at the weekend, well the replacement as the first arrived damaged, tbf they PD sent a replacement straight out. Il be trying not to have anything in it during the week as il not be able to help myself.😅

Just got mine at the weekend, well the replacement as the first arrived damaged, tbf they PD sent a replacement straight out. Il be trying not to have anything in it during the week as il not be able to help myself.😅
It is tempting like. I normally don't bother on a school night, but as I've got a keg on I filled me deceptively large round tumbler a couple of times last night when making/eating tea. :lol:

I was apprehensive at first, but she'd gotten is it for Christmas. They are good fun when ya've got it on the go. Saturday was the first time I got to really enjoy having it on whilst we had a drink in the garden with people over. I just kept topping me glass up.

It is tempting like. I normally don't bother on a school night, but as I've got a keg on I filled me deceptively large round tumbler a couple of times last night when making/eating tea. :lol:

I was apprehensive at first, but she'd gotten is it for Christmas. They are good fun when ya've got it on the go. Saturday was the first time I got to really enjoy having it on whilst we had a drink in the garden with people over. I just kept topping me glass up.
How do you find pulling a pint? Its a bit of a lottery. :lol:

How do you find pulling a pint? Its a bit of a lottery. :lol:
Depends on the beer/ glass n how arsed I can be.

I don't go in for the wet glass now.... I wet it with a squirt of beer instead. Works better.

Midway and Camden Pale are much livelier than the lagers to pour so just give em a chance to settle. Head's beer so don't waste it.

Depends on the beer/ glass n how arsed I can be.

I don't go in for the wet glass now.... I wet it with a squirt of beer instead. Works better.

Midway and Camden Pale are much livelier than the lagers to pour so just give em a chance to settle. Head's beer so don't waste it.
Just had an email, PD have a father's day offer on, £65 for any 2 kegs and two free glasses.

Juliper is lovely. Corona is unexpectedly nice. Heineken on the blade is good, proper imported not the awful stuff brewed here.

You can pick up some good 2nd hand deals on both machines. I have both - perfect draft for a few pints on my own, blade for larger gatherings. They’re both great tbh.

I’ve stopped going to NISA, you get better deals now online at Perfect Draft (was Beer Hawk). With a deal and beer points I got 3 kegs for less than £60 and had 3 to return.

Pick your moment and you can get a pretty good deal.

I’d avoid the stout and Fraziskaner (sic) on Perfect Draft; really struggled with both.

noticed on the PD website it says guaranteed to fit any kitchen. Have a guess who’s kitchen it doesn’t fit 😂 ffs.
Although it might as the 44cm height includes the handle.
The handle on mine just catches the wall unit door above by a few mm. just pops out so no drama, the main body clears it well.

Back on the tins?
Aye just seen that 44cm includes the handle.

Iirc it’s 380mm ish without.

Use my discount code for money off a machine bundle. You get more money off, I get beer tokens.😎

PDRLI5SS7OK00​

Last edited:
Iirc it’s 380mm ish without.

Use my discount code for money off a machine bundle. You get more money off, I get beer tokens.😎

PDRLI5SS7OK00​

Cheers. Got a bit more to buy for the house before I’d be able to get one without getting it in the neck

Yeah mate. Considered upgrading to a PD or blade but never pulled the trigger mainly due to lack of bench space.
I was on the Stella unfiltered on the PD Saturday beautiful, done the keg in and cracked a can of Stella open, tasted rank but still had to blast through a few as its all I had, usually drink it regularly and never noticed it. Must have been with drinking out of the machine, noticeable difference, much better.

Tbh won’t be using the PD all the time as it works out too expensive, but will be a treat from time to time for sure.

Last edited:
noticed on the PD website it says guaranteed to fit any kitchen. Have a guess who’s kitchen it doesn’t fit 😂 ffs.
I don't think our lass quite thought this through when she got mine - I think she was half expecting me to keep it in the shed. Fit mine on the bench in the utility. The fan gets surprisingly hot when you don't give the unit the recommended clearance so it can be a bit of a pain in the arse when in use. Nestles back nicely in the corner when it isn't.

I need to re-order a Sunderland badge for me handle, as I keep forgetting to remove the magnet when rinsing the tap, so the water getting to it has knacked it a bit.

Last edited:

Back