Heineken Blade beer machine

Delivered by Yodel?
Yeah. The thing is the plain outer cardboard box the PD box came in was unmarked, when i opened that box the PD box was smashed on the side so it had been damaged before it was sent out. Yodel not to blame here, for a change.
What place? Wouldn’t mind trying that as it’s decent from a bottle 👍🏼
They still had stock yesterday.

Last edited:
Nisa Washington mate. Was thinking of picking up a second hand machine to take advantage of the offer!
The Nisa in Birtley seems to have a few beers for these home kegs, haven’t got one myself like so don’t take too much notice but I have spotted them.

Anyone who has a blade or PD, does the beer taste noticeably better than normal cans or bottles? It works out cheap per pint vs the pub but unsure if it’s better than cans as the system just pulls beer from one massive can vs the pub which adds co2 to flat beer in a keg.

Anyone who has a blade or PD, does the beer taste noticeably better than normal cans or bottles? It works out cheap per pint vs the pub but unsure if it’s better than cans as the system just pulls beer from one massive can vs the pub which adds co2 to flat beer in a keg.
I have PD and it's so much better than cans and bottles. It's better than some pub pints. It's important to buy decent glasses as they also make a big difference. If lager is your thing buy nucleated glasses.

Half tempted to get a PD with the warmer weather coming. Anyone got any experience of both the normal PD and the PD pro?

The beer I have definitely tastes/feels better than out of bottles. If you go to France you’ll find plenty of bars and restaurants actually use PD machines, often having two or three set up with different beers.

I’ve had a blade for 3 years - bought during lock down and must have been through 50/60 kegs. Apart from the odd keg that hasn’t worked (always got money back from Beerwulf), I can’t recall a bad pint, all been spot on and became a bit of a snob when served a bad pint in a pub. Bear in mind that’s over 800 pints between mainly me and the wife (no), I’d say I’ve had far more good pints from the Blade than I have from a pub. Have had mainly Moretti but the odd Heineken and Amstel which have also been spot on.

As someone has said above, a clean, nucleated glass is a must!

Half tempted to get a PD with the warmer weather coming. Anyone got any experience of both the normal PD and the PD pro?
Not got experience of the pro but our lass was recommended against it. It's a bigger machine taking up more space, and there seems to be a lot of negative comments regarding the build quality on the facebook pages (there's Perfect Draft Tips groups :lol:).

The adjustable temperature and app which are the main distinguishing features are a gimmick apparently.
Im already thinking i should have got a couple. Got the stella unfiltered in now chilling, the PD is going to get its maiden voyage tonight.😎🍻
Logon or register to see this image
I need to try unfiltered, then I might get a keg in next time.

Stuck a keg of Goose Island Midway on on Saturday. Think I cocked up loading it as it was losing gas. Re-did it and seemed to be alright after that. Started drinking it at 8 degress as I was in the garden and had people over - was absolutely fine.

Gotta Lowenbrau in the shed next up.
I drink Midway up the Thai near us, and I've had a couple of kegs of it on PD.... It's nee different (the Thai always keeps a good pint). It's quite a lively beer to pour like.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a lot of these beers aren't actually supposed to be as gassy as pub's serve them, so lagers may seem a bit flat in comparison.

Last edited:
Not got experience of the pro but our lass was recommended against it. It's a bigger machine taking up more space, and there seems to be a lot of negative comments regarding the build quality on the facebook pages (there's Perfect Draft Tips groups :lol:).

The adjustable temperature and app which are the main distinguishing features are a gimmick apparently.

I need to try unfiltered, then I might get a keg in next time.

Stuck a keg of Goose Island Midway on on Saturday. Think I cocked up loading it as it was losing gas. Re-did it and seemed to be alright after that. Started drinking it at 8 degress as I was in the garden and had people over - was absolutely fine.

Gotta Lowenbrau in the shed next up.

I drink Midway up the Thai near us, and I've had a couple of kegs of it on PD.... It's nee different (the Thai always keeps a good pint). It's quite a lively beer to pour like.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a lot of these beers aren't actually supposed to be as gassy as pub's serve them, so lagers may seem a bit flat in comparison.
Unfiltered is nice out from a bottle, but outstanding in the PD. My mate said to try Lowenbrau too, so its on the list probably once the goose is gone next weekend.

Unfiltered is nice out from a bottle, but outstanding in the PD. My mate said to try Lowenbrau too, so its on the list probably once the goose is gone next weekend.
Lowenbrau's great, as is Spaten. I keep changing me mind on which is best.

I always used to like Stella before they ruined it. I wanna try a bottle o two of unfiltered before committing to a keg.

Do you get money back on the blade kegs?
Norra clue.

Perfect Draft ya get a £5 back in points which is a discount on ya next purchase. You also accumulate points whenever ya buy owt. So basically the more ya buy, the more money you get off.

The Nisa in Washington that flogs the kegs will give ya a fiver back for empties as well. Unless they're short dated or doing an offer though the shop's no cheaper than buying online.

Back