Heckingbottom

Out of the realistic candidates he is mine too mate. I've seen him interviewed, and he comes across as calm and collected. Speaks english & french, so he will be able to communicate better with the entire squad. Hopefully will be able to get a rapport with KLD. As someone mentioned, all routes seem to be going towards him. 🤞
Yeah, agree mate. It can be the only reason we haven't anyone yet imo.

Instinct mate
It almost makes too much sense and adds up to be him
Wanted him December, compo was too high summer it changes. After Beale we appoint dodds getting ready for him in summer when compo required drops
His club are openly preparing for him going
He himself wants ‘to come home’
He’s English and French speaking which is ideal for our squad
It’s a job that is huge opportunity for him
Just hunch everything just seems to add up really

Totally agree
It’s funny I’ve actually said since Beale was appointed I thought it would be Still in the summer. At the time it was based on little more than Beale being appointed on his own and the info about Still’s compo. Now you look at it and it would explain a lot.

Why would we pay Moore’s wages for 6 months if those 6 months are basically a stop gap to the actual HC. Dodds actually said something interesting the other day regarding M’vila, how in Jan the club weren’t really interested in that type of player in that position but it would be in the summer. Speakman is never going to publicly say in December the 6 months of the season is pointless.

No idea, I don’t work with the lad who’s Beale’s mate but I can ask the question if you really want to know the answer? Not sure what difference it would make though.

For the record, my mate in question was once an extremely prevalent poster on here years ago and whilst a complete WUM in a digital world, he would have zero time to waste in making rubbish up. Everything he’s been told/found out tally’s up, inclusive of how the lad he works with knows Beale and goes way back with him.
Fishpaste or mad bob? does he look like this?
Logon or register to see this image
;) ;) or this?
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Rene Marik is 31 and has never even coached a first team. Steve Cooper did well with Forest but like Hecky, got sacked in the Prem. Danny Rohl hasn't actually achieved anything yet and is very inexperienced. Papszun - seriously? Will Still, would be as big a gamble as anyone and if he was to fail, the board would be criticised for making the appointment. None of these have achieved as much as Hecky. They haven't had 'multiple failures' coz most of them haven't been managing for 5 minutes Yes Hecky has had some failures - nearly all managers do though, including the likes of Clough and Mourinho.

Alright Paul.

We don’t want you, yer shyte.

Regards

Safc fan base with nous.

I can only judge him off of what I saw him do at Hibs, which was naff all. He's not good enough for Sunlun imo. I don't think he's coming here anyway.

The next appointment is a huge one for us. The club needs to show its ambition/intent with the next Head Coach. I imagine the stumbling block for Still will be Dodds/Proctor staying on the coaching staff.
Why? They did alright under neil and Mowbray. No other organisation purges all the other members of their stuff when they change manager as it is a ridiculous concept and makes no sense.

Why? They did alright under neil and Mowbray. No other organisation purges all the other members of their stuff when they change manager as it is a ridiculous concept and makes no sense.
Most managers/coaches will want to bring some of their own staff I'd have thought. A fresh feel to the club would do it some good imo. A new brush sweeps clean as the old saying goes. Still has his brother on staff I believe, that would be non negotiable I'd have thought. I'm looking forward to seeing who the next head coach will be.

I agree with this 100%
Course & distance winner and very recently too. Knows the league, knows what he needs and would hit the ground running.

It would be an appointment that carries very little risk and a high probability of success, imo.
The trouble with appointing him is that a large chunk of the fans don't want him. I know fans are fickle and can easily be swayed by some good results, but if he doesn't hit the ground running the chances of him suceeding are dramatically reduced. Considering what has gone on lately, if an unpopular, unimaginative and unemployed appointment gets off to a bad start, the board will be getting pelters and he'll be the fall guy.

The trouble with appointing him is that a large chunk of the fans don't want him. I know fans are fickle and can easily be swayed by some good results, but if he doesn't hit the ground running the chances of him suceeding are dramatically reduced. Considering what has gone on lately, if an unpopular, unimaginative and unemployed appointment gets off to a bad start, the board will be getting pelters and he'll be the fall guy.
99.9 % of the fans didn’t want Beale

Yeah, agree mate. It can be the only reason we haven't anyone yet imo.
Could the reason not be that they are incompetent fuckwits ?
99.9 % of the fans didn’t want Beale
What do you mean ? He'd be more popular than Beale ?

I was just saying that their best bet is to try and find someone that the majority of the fans are happyish with, appointing someone that a large chunk (albeit not as large as Beale's chunk) don't want seems plain stupid to me.

Last edited:
Could the reason not be that they are incompetent fuckwits ?

What do you mean ? He'd be more popular than Beale ?

I was just saying that their best bet is to try and find someone that the majority of the fans are happyish with, appointing someone that a large chunk (albeit not as large as Beale's chunk) don't want seems plain stupid to me.
More than likely.

It’s funny I’ve actually said since Beale was appointed I thought it would be Still in the summer. At the time it was based on little more than Beale being appointed on his own and the info about Still’s compo. Now you look at it and it would explain a lot.

Why would we pay Moore’s wages for 6 months if those 6 months are basically a stop gap to the actual HC. Dodds actually said something interesting the other day regarding M’vila, how in Jan the club weren’t really interested in that type of player in that position but it would be in the summer. Speakman is never going to publicly say in December the 6 months of the season is pointless.
Interesting.

Masssive summer for the club

True. For some odd reason, a lot of our fans are very excited about Will Still. I don't get it myself.

Back