Heckingbottom

If he comes and wins 4 in 12 like Beale will people want him gone
The results aren't what got him fired, we were in contention for the top 6 during his whole spell. His face didn't fit with the fans to begin with, and then he made stupid comments causing a bigger rift. He was never the man for the job.

The club need to find the right man and then stick by him, regardless of what we think.

Marek Papszun
Will Still
Danny Röhl
Steve Cooper
Rene Maric

Give me any one of those over someone who has failed multiple times.
Rene Marik is 31 and has never even coached a first team. Steve Cooper did well with Forest but like Hecky, got sacked in the Prem. Danny Rohl hasn't actually achieved anything yet and is very inexperienced. Papszun - seriously? Will Still, would be as big a gamble as anyone and if he was to fail, the board would be criticised for making the appointment. None of these have achieved as much as Hecky. They haven't had 'multiple failures' coz most of them haven't been managing for 5 minutes Yes Hecky has had some failures - nearly all managers do though, including the likes of Clough and Mourinho.

Rene Marik is 31 and has never even coached a first team. Steve Cooper did well with Forest but like Hecky, got sacked in the Prem. Danny Rohl hasn't actually achieved anything yet and is very inexperienced. Papszun - seriously? Will Still, would be as big a gamble as anyone and if he was to fail, the board would be criticised for making the appointment. None of these have achieved as much as Hecky. They haven't had 'multiple failures' coz most of them haven't been managing for 5 minutes Yes Hecky has had some failures - nearly all managers do though, including the likes of Clough and Mourinho.
Again mate, we are not looking at him. He's not coming get over it

We don't need a journeyman, we need someone who can outperform the club's budget. To some extent Cooper, Still and definitely Papszun all have done that, and Röhl would have Sheffield Wednesday well safe with a shit squad if he'd had a full season.

Heckingbottom has won promotion via the playoffs from L1 with a club that regularly goes up and down between there and the Championship, at worst case is a big L1 club. And then won promotion to the PL with a parachute payment club. Both pretty good jobs, but here he'd have to actually coach up promising young players and get more out of them than others could.

I've got no reason why..but he is my first choice, Still. Intrigues me.
Out of the realistic candidates he is mine too mate. I've seen him interviewed, and he comes across as calm and collected. Speaks english & french, so he will be able to communicate better with the entire squad. Hopefully will be able to get a rapport with KLD. As someone mentioned, all routes seem to be going towards him. 🤞

I agree with this 100%
Course & distance winner and very recently too. Knows the league, knows what he needs and would hit the ground running.

It would be an appointment that carries very little risk and a high probability of success, imo.

I still get the impression KLD and Speakman havn’t yet appointed been able to appoint their number one target. Each appointment they’ve made has been out of necessity and while they’ve done a decent job none have been seen internally as long term and Heckingbottom would just be another one like that.

Is the Still stuff based on anything you’ve heard or just gut instinct?
Instinct mate
It almost makes too much sense and adds up to be him
Wanted him December, compo was too high summer it changes. After Beale we appoint dodds getting ready for him in summer when compo required drops
His club are openly preparing for him going
He himself wants ‘to come home’
He’s English and French speaking which is ideal for our squad
It’s a job that is huge opportunity for him
Just hunch everything just seems to add up really
I still get the impression KLD and Speakman havn’t yet appointed been able to appoint their number one target. Each appointment they’ve made has been out of necessity and while they’ve done a decent job none have been seen internally as long term and Heckingbottom would just be another one like that.
Totally agree

Back