Heart disease - Stents

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm amazed they can do that and have you out so quickly.

But any way, Oooh look at me, i've got stents. Pathetic.
If it had just been one, probably would have been out same day.
Fascinating watching it on the big screen.
Had endoscopy in the past and that was a hundred times worse.
Nothing too serious I hope.
Not now that it’s fixed.😉

Anyone else got stents fitted? Got a couple yesterday. Amazed how simple a procedure it was considering the risks.
Awake through the whole thing and on my feet straight after it.
Kept in overnight but hopefully be home soon.

After the blood clots in the heart about three years back I had couple put in as well. Two different kinds, one that stays put and then a new kind that disolves within a year. When I went back in for checks six months later the second one was almost gone already and completely gone at the second check after a year. You are spot on with getting up straight away. I simply walked to the bed after, unaided. Didn't keep me there overnight but I wasn't allowed to be on my own the first twenty-four hours. But it was an interesting experience, for lack of better words, and I had all sorts of questions throughout. I loved how I could follow it all on the screens. Asked if I could get a screen shot and got a before and after shot which am still considering entering an art gallery, they are beutiful. Especially the coloured one, could be an album cover. I put them up on FB. :lol:

The bad news is I am now a heart patient and have to take (down to four now) tablets for the heart each day the rest of my life. With my health in recent years I didn't much needed that on top but hey at least my arse works. And if you weren't already you are now also entitled to free flu jabs. Get them.

The hardest part for me each time they went up (I had it done through the groin) was the worrying thought of what would happen if the tiny plucket thingy burst open. I had bad dreams of bleeding to death in the shower and I was extremely careful walking the stairs for weeks after, too. Likewise the first time I had a tug after each time. Those thoughts got less and less but still took me quite a while to overcome. And then after each six months I could begin all over again.

Anyway, best of wishes. Please don't overdo things the next couple weeks. If you have any questions about anything feel free to pop me a PM. Take care.

An amazing procedure. A couple of my mates have had it done after having chest pains/minor heart attack. Strangely they were both reasonably slim and fit non smokers so can happen to anybody.
As with Alexander above they are on tablets for good now.

After the blood clots in the heart about three years back I had couple put in as well. Two different kinds, one that stays put and then a new kind that disolves within a year. When I went back in for checks six months later the second one was almost gone already and completely gone at the second check after a year. You are spot on with getting up straight away. I simply walked to the bed after, unaided. Didn't keep me there overnight but I wasn't allowed to be on my own the first twenty-four hours. But it was an interesting experience, for lack of better words, and I had all sorts of questions throughout. I loved how I could follow it all on the screens. Asked if I could get a screen shot and got a before and after shot which am still considering entering an art gallery, they are beutiful. Especially the coloured one, could be an album cover. I put them up on FB. :lol:

The bad news is I am now a heart patient and have to take (down to four now) tablets for the heart each day the rest of my life. With my health in recent years I didn't much needed that on top but hey at least my arse works. And if you weren't already you are now also entitled to free flu jabs. Get them.

The hardest part for me each time they went up (I had it done through the groin) was the worrying thought of what would happen if the tiny plucket thingy burst open. I had bad dreams of bleeding to death in the shower and I was extremely careful walking the stairs for weeks after, too. Likewise the first time I had a tug after each time. Those thoughts got less and less but still took me quite a while to overcome. And then after each six months I could begin all over again.

Anyway, best of wishes. Please don't overdo things the next couple weeks. If you have any questions about anything feel free to pop me a PM. Take care.
Could do without the drugs but a necessary evil I guess.

Anyone else got stents fitted? Got a couple yesterday. Amazed how simple a procedure it was considering the risks.

Hope you are ok marra. Get well soon xx

My Dad had kidney stents put in. He was awake during that and watched it on a screen and was chatting to the medical staff.

He was awake for the angiogram too which is a camera in the vein in your groin and they go up and look around your heart. It's amazing what they can do these days.

An amazing procedure. A couple of my mates have had it done after having chest pains/minor heart attack. Strangely they were both reasonably slim and fit non smokers so can happen to anybody.
As with Alexander above they are on tablets for good now.
I was training for half marathon, not drinking, non smoker and healthiest I’d been for years when I had first signs of it.
Put two clem on whilst waiting to get sorted.
They even describe me as a long distance runner on my notes.😂
Can happen at any time.

Glad you're feeling OK mate.

Personally I think you're just trying to keep up with Mr Q. He has a stroke....you have stents fitted. It's not a competition !;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back