Healthy meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worked better for you weights or cardio ?

Don't know.

I started 5x5 and used to go for a run on the alternate days.

I then joined an 11's team. Train on a Thursday with them, play on a Sunday. Played 5's for years with lads on here so I get there when I can.

I'll just give some free advice:

Work out your TDEE. Calculators are everywhere online. Work out how many calories you need to eat to be in a deficit and download MyFitnessPal to keep track.

Also download Stronglifts 5x5 app. Takes 45 minutes max in the gym per workout. Add in some isolation exercises if you fancy staying in their longer. Don't bother with how heavy you can lift at first. Focus on form.

Do these things and you'll lose weight. Once you've lost the weight. Eat at a calorie surplus to build new muscle tissue.

Easy really.

A photo shoot :lol:

Haha knob head I agreed to it due to the fact it's our anniversary

Don't know.

I then joined an 11's team. Train on a Thursday with them, play on a Sunday. Played 5's for years with lads on here so I get there when I can.

Work out your TDEE. Calculators are everywhere online. Work out how many calories you need to eat to be in a deficit and download MyFitnessPal to keep track.

Also download Stronglifts 5x5 app. Takes 45 minutes max in the gym per workout. Add in some isolation exercises if you fancy staying in their longer. Don't bother with how heavy you can lift at first. Focus on form.

Do these things and you'll lose weight. Once you've lost the weight. Eat at a calorie surplus to build new muscle tissue.

Easy really.

Cheers mate I've done the tdee I will look into the leather things you have mentioned

Easy really.

I lost loads of weight by eating at a deficit for a few months, perhaps too quickly at 1.5 lbs a week at first. I didn't do any cardio but did x2 sessions based on 5x5 per week to maintain whatever muscle mass I already had, and I made sure that I consumed enough protein.

I then started to consume slightly more calories to maintain my weight and I now eat a takeaway once a week but counter this with x2 runs/cardio sessions. I see cardio/running as an easy way to subtract the calories if I go overboard on food/booze.

But yeah I liked your post, literally.

I lost loads of weight by eating at a deficit for a few months, perhaps too quickly at 1.5 lbs a week at first. I didn't do any cardio but did x2 sessions based on 5x5 per week to maintain whatever muscle mass I already had, and I made sure that I consumed enough protein.

I then started to consume slightly more calories to maintain my weight and I now eat a takeaway once a week but counter this with x2 runs/cardio sessions. I see cardio/running as an easy way to subtract the calories if I go overboard on food/booze.

But yeah I liked your post, literally.

I love a takeaway and beer like. Just makes me graft harder when I've had a neet out.

I now weigh more than I did when I started. But look a lot better.

I love weights and that. They're great.

I love a takeaway and beer like. Just makes me graft harder when I've had a neet out.

I like being lean and annoying the Mrs for being able to lose weight. Once the last bit of spare tyre has gone I may try to add muscle mass but it's nice to know that I can reduce fat if necessary.

Don't know.

Easy really.

Mate my tdee and bmr came back

Just filled it in came in
Bmr 2064
Tdee is 2970

Sorry to sound think so realistically how many calories should I be eating if I want to lose weight ?

Mate my tdee and bmr came back

Just filled it in came in
Bmr 2064
Tdee is 2970

Sorry to sound think so realistically how many calories should I be eating if I want to lose weight ?

I started at 300 below. Then just adjusted it if I wasn't losing enough or losing too much.

It's a thing that changes regularly for me. At the minute I eat 300 over. I have to use protein to do this because I don't get time at work to eat enough.

I'm sure @supersesh will back me up on this that it's different for everyone and it's just about finding what works for your body.

Or he'll come in here, tell me I'm full of shit and give the correct answer.

I've tagged him so we'll know soon enough... :lol:

Less than 2970.

Or this.

I started at 300 below. Then just adjusted it if I wasn't losing enough or losing too much.

It's a thing that changes regularly for me. At the minute I eat 300 over. I have to use protein to do this because I don't get time at work to eat enough.

I'm sure @supersesh will back me up on this that it's different for everyone and it's just about finding what works for your body.

Or he'll come in here, tell me I'm full of shit and give the correct answer.

I've tagged him so we'll know soon enough... :lol:

Or this.

Cheers much appreciated

I know the problem I have Monday to Thursday I don't eat anywhere near tht many calories come Friday to Sunday I binge so tht getting knocked on the head well to the best I can!!

As I've mentioned on a couple of thread. The world record raw bench presser in the 198lb class drinks like a fish, even downing beers while training and doing beer bongs while benching 5 plates.

You can get away with murder diet wise :lol:

He's not a fat fucker either, before anyone says.

As I've mentioned on a couple of thread. The world record raw bench presser in the 198lb class drinks like a fish, even downing beers while training and doing beer bongs while benching 5 plates.

You can get away with murder diet wise :lol:

He's not a fat fucker either, before anyone says.

Got a link to an article about this bloke? He sounds like my new hero :lol:

Cheers much appreciated

I know the problem I have Monday to Thursday I don't eat anywhere near tht many calories come Friday to Sunday I binge so tht getting knocked on the head well to the best I can!!

I'll throw another thing in mate.

Don't knock anything on the head. Just plan better. It's a pain but take shit into work to eat and that.

If you start denying things that you enjoy you'll fail after a week.

This is the trap the cliché 'fat lasses at work' always fall into.

'The diet starts on Monday'

Monday...

'I've been good all weekend, I'll have a slice of Janice's birthday cake..'

Knar where I'm coming from?

Last edited:

Don't knock anything on the head. Just plan better. It's a pain but take shit into work to eat and that.

Monday...

Yep looking to set out a routine at the beginning of the week and stick to it plan my dinner and teas for the week And stick to it

Monday...

He's called Tom Finn. @huckfinnbarbell if you use Instagram. That's where most of his antics get posted.

Yep looking to set out a routine at the beginning of the week and stick to it plan my dinner and teas for the week And stick to it

Average your cals over a week, or even longer.

E.g. 2000 per day = 14000 per week.

If you plan well and eat 1800 for 5 days = 9000 then you have room for manoeuvre at the weekend.

"TDEE is the number of calories burnt in a day scaling BMR to level of activity. This is the number of calories you need daily to maintain your current weight and is about the amount you should eat on the days you're not fasting."

Eat less than your TDEE to lose weight. Eat more to gain weight.
I've been eating over my tdee for ages and have barely put any weight on.

Any foods to keep clear off ??

You could eat just about anything as long as you don't exceed the calories that you're aiming for. Fat content is another matter, but if you like certain foods then you don't have to totally give them up.

If you use myfitnesspal you can sort out meals and then plan in advance. I've formed a habit whereby I have some food ready at work and I can eat knowing that I've not had loads too many calories.

Build up basic meals that you can fall back on based around veg/salad, spuds/pasta, and protein.

E.g. Today I have:

Breakfast: none
12ish: Chicken breast, x2 slices brown bread.
5ish: Muesli + banana.
8ish: Fish, veg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back