Healthy meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

safc12321

Midfield
Well lads and lasses I'm on holiday at the moment and got a photoshoot done with my wife and fuck me I didn't even recognise myself seriously let myself go in the last 18 month

New I did but I've been trying in denial about it anyway I'm 6 foot and 16 and a half stone I am actually fit due to my job and when I get into the gym I can really burn the calories I always do my 10000 steps a day Monday to Friday now my problem is bastard takeaways !!!!!

I need some ideas for nice meals thats good for you any suggestions ????

I'm struggling to make sense of some of this but the salient points are you're 16 and a half stone, have a relatively active job which involves being on your feet a lot but love a takeaway so are a bit podgy.

To strip it back to basics, less of what you currently eat would see you lose weight if that's what you're after.

I'm struggling to make sense of some of this but the salient points are you're 16 and a half stone, have a relatively active job which involves being on your feet a lot but love a takeaway so are a bit podgy.

To strip it back to basics, less of what you currently eat would see you lose weight if that's what you're after.

It's the meals part mate i need meals that I look forward to rather than salad everyday i find myself going home looking in the freezer and seeing chips and eating them practically everyday need meals that are nice tasting and healthy also filling not asking for much :):):)

It's the meals part mate i need meals that I look forward to rather than salad everyday i find myself going home looking in the freezer and seeing chips and eating them practically everyday need meals that are nice tasting and healthy also filling not asking for much :):):)

Protein is very satiating but tbh 'healthy' means very little out of context. You could neck all the lentils in the world but if you go over your daily calorie requirements you'll get fat.

You need to gain an understanding of how many calories are in the food you eat and go from there.

I think it's fairly well understood that being really restrictive during the day can lead to binge eating later. So don't be so restrictive, enjoy nice things in moderation.

Protein is very satiating but tbh 'healthy' means very little out of context. You could neck all the lentils in the world but if you go over your daily calorie requirements you'll get fat.

You need to gain an understanding of how many calories are in the food you eat and go from there.

I think it's fairly well understood that being really restrictive during the day can lead to binge eating later. So don't be so restrictive, enjoy nice things in moderation

See I try not to eat anything for dinner then just have a tea.

So I should have a dinner ?

So how many calories would you recommend to eat during a average day??

For you? Without knowing what you do at the gym it's difficult to know but something like 2600-2800 would probably see you lose weight. Your TDEE is likely to be several hundred kCal above that as a 230lb man.

That will obviously decrease as you lose weight.

For you? Without knowing what you do at the gym it's difficult to know but something like 2600-2800 would probably see you lose weight. Your TDEE is likely to be several hundred kCal above that as a 230lb man.

That will obviously decrease as you lose weight.

When I go to the gym I do between 500-700 calories but sadly I'm only doing the gym once a week twice if I'm lucky that's been more to been unmotivated rather than anything else but fuck me seen the pics today and it's gave me a boot up the arse

Lift heavy things, play some sport.

Eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss.

Worked for me. I just need to pack the tabs in now...

If he was doing both at the same time, how's he supposed to know which was "better"?

How could he do 2 at the same time ?? Run on the treadmill with weights ??

Before getting married a 2 years ago I was at the gym constantly for 10 months some days I would just do cardio some just weighs I felt cardio was the better way to lose weight but the lad I went with sweared by doing mostly weights

How could he do 2 at the same time ?? Run on the treadmill with weights ??

Before getting married a 2 years ago I was at the gym constantly for 10 months some days I would just do cardio some just weighs I felt cardio was the better way to lose weight but the lad I went with sweared by doing mostly weights

If he was doing a combination of sports, weights and counting calories he probably isn't going to know which worked "best" (unless he specifically measured his output when lifting weights or playing footy.... Which I doubt).

It's going to be a combination of all three.

If he was doing both at the same time, how's he supposed to know which was "better"?
Cheers mate just spat me noodles at my screen!

What worked better for you weights or cardio ?
I have ran pretty consistently for about 4 years now since packing in footy and never lost a pound. Have started to mix it up with bootcamp and finally seeing results, lost a stone since christmas but have stayed steady now for about 4 months. I would say do both and listen to Charmless Man when it comes to food etc.

Cheers mate just spat me noodles at my screen!

I have ran pretty consistently for about 4 years now since packing in footy and never lost a pound. Have started to mix it up with bootcamp and finally seeing results, lost a stone since christmas but have stayed steady now for about 4 months. I would say do both and listen to Charmless Man when it comes to food etc.

No worries mate how far do you run ??

Just filled it in came in
Bmr 2064
Tdee is 2970

Sorry for been a idiot but what does tht mean ??

"TDEE is the number of calories burnt in a day scaling BMR to level of activity. This is the number of calories you need daily to maintain your current weight and is about the amount you should eat on the days you're not fasting."

Eat less than your TDEE to lose weight. Eat more to gain weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back