Headland, Hartlepool.

SPUFF

Striker
Used to think of it as a shithole full of inbred knackers during my school years:p but its actually a stunning walk, with whitby like vibe.

Any of yous fancy a change of scenary for a stroll, park near Penrith Street, walk right round to Barkers place, grab a bag of chips and a pint when permitted, lovely imo.

I live in Seaton Carew but the front is absolutely rammed all the time so we drive over to the headland and walk the prom from the steetley end around and then back . Great when the weather is ok but 2 weeks ago the wind was off the sea from the north and it took 10 minutes more to get back than it did to get out :). As the OP said , would have been to call in the Pot House for a pint at half way

Last edited:
Used to think of it as a shithole full of inbred knackers during my school years:p but its actually a stunning walk, with whitby like vibe.

Any of yous fancy a change of scenary for a stroll, park near Penrith Street, walk right round to Barkers place, grab a bag of chips and a pint when permitted, lovely imo.
We regularly go for a jaunt round the headland and have a half lot from Verrills.
The seaton walk is canny as well.
Is that house with all the empty beer cans still a thing?
There was a youtube carry on about it...but, as has been said, it's been knocked down for new builds.

Last edited:

Where/what is Barkers place ?

Lovely walk with some really nice old houses. Walk here and Seaton front quite a lot, take the sea for granted sometimes.

Sunderland’s a shithole as well by that logic as I went to Hendon once 🙄

I could rattle off all the rough places in Hartlepool though if you want? I worked in every rough area in the North east & beyond putting them steel shutters on the empty houses in the 90s and honest Hartlepool was one of the worst (especially for it's relatively small size). It's the only place where I've seen kids systematically demolish houses brick by brick (Sandsend Cr).

Back