"He throws the players under the bus"

Calls the game as he sees it - "throwing players under a bus".

Says we played well/were unlucky - "Isn't even watching the game properly".

Takes blame - "Not up to the job".

There isn't a press conference that anyone can do after a loss which isn't taken negatively by a lot of people.

With regards Beale throwing players under the bus, its not exactly that. But what he does do when things haven't gone for him here so far- comments on the Ekwah goal and the lack of subs against Newcastle and there may have been something after Ipswich is distance himself from the situation one way or another, being clear to let you know its not his fault.

Throwing players under the bus maybe a little ott but he does look to shift blame and attention away from himself when as the head coach he should be publicly, at least, fronting up, and protecting his players.

He’s been here about 8 weeks and publicly had a pop at fans, attempted to switch the crowds frustration with him to his players, said he had no quality on the bench v the mags ….hes entitled to think those things but saying them publicly are hardly going to win friends and influence the crowd or his playing staff.

None of those things are going to persuade people that what we saw at rangers isn’t going to be repeated here.

Different kettle of fish when he is behind closed doors just don’t come out and say them publicly.

I believe when you are reading that one line you must take it in the context of the article.
As stated in the article after joining Rangers who just 6 months earlier had reached the Europa League final, he said they were on levels terms as for competing with Celtic. A few games later and suddenly he says they need 5/6 players to compete with Celtic.
To look at concrete evidence, Beale claiming to Dodds victory as his own is pretty damming also.
He didn’t claim a Dodds victory - you’re making that up.

Mowbray was clearly nit happy and even said we'd be in trouble if we didn't replace Evans with an experienced midfielder and Bemoaning the lack of strikers as well.

That clearly got magnified the longer it went on - nowhere near the same.
What he said about Michut was 10 times worse than anything Beale has said here which is the square root of fuck all anyway.
With regards Beale throwing players under the bus, its not exactly that. But what he does do when things haven't gone for him here so far- comments on the Ekwah goal and the lack of subs against Newcastle and there may have been something after Ipswich is distance himself from the situation one way or another, being clear to let you know its not his fault.
The Ekwah comments were nowt at all. In games which turn on such blatant things it’s ok to talk about them in his match analysis. Does Ekwah look a broken man because of it? Does Ba as a result of his miss getting mentioned against Cov? Players are grown ups they can handle ‘we made costly errors’ etc.

Last edited:
From a player who was on our bench on Saturday.....

"he's a good bloke, the players like him and we hope the fans give him a chance"

They seem happy enough with him for all they loved TM.only tome will tell.....

What he said about Michut was 10 times worse than anything Beale has said here which is the square root of fuck all anyway.

The Ekwah comments were nowt at all. In games which turn on such blatant things it’s ok to talk about them in his match analysis. Does Ekwah look a broken man because of it? Does Ba as a result of his miss getting mentioned against Cov? Players are grown ups they can handle ‘we made costly errors’ etc.

I don't recall Mowbray saying anything particularly bad about Michut. You keep repeating this, but I can't recall anything that stood out. I have no problem with honesty and constrictive criticism.

Regards Ekwah it was the manner of what was said - 5 games in and he's trying to distance himself from the mistake saying 'that's what they've been coached to do" as if its nothing to do with him. He didn't blame the player, he absolved him of blame. he blamed the coaching rather than own it himself. If he didn't want them doing it, why were they? Just a pathetic shitty comment.

Hull he tried to put the emphasis on a poor performance and negativity towards him as a cause for the poor performance onto the fans, as if they were the cause.

His excuse for inactivity against Newcastle was a young inexperienced bench, but he never took that on the chin either. This time it was a "decision we took as a management team" - yet when it's Ekwah its "how they've been coached" 😀😀

There's other stuff too, all very minor on the face of it, but its the slyness and manipulation of some of it rather than downright throwing people under the bus. Little bits like suggesting Jobe was playing as a striker against Ipswich when he clearly wasn't and when pressed suggesting "its a situation I inherited" again laying the blame elsewhere.

I can see why many have taken an instant dislike to him, he's playing the game and is a bluffer.

I don't recall Mowbray saying anything particularly bad about Michut. You keep repeating this, but I can't recall anything that stood out. I have no problem with honesty and constrictive criticism.

Regards Ekwah it was the manner of what was said - 5 games in and he's trying to distance himself from the mistake saying 'that's what they've been coached to do" as if its nothing to do with him. He didn't blame the player, he absolved him of blame. he blamed the coaching rather than own it himself. If he didn't want them doing it, why were they? Just a pathetic shitty comment.

Hull he tried to put the emphasis on a poor performance and negativity towards him as a cause for the poor performance onto the fans, as if they were the cause.

His excuse for inactivity against Newcastle was a young inexperienced bench, but he never took that on the chin either. This time it was a "decision we took as a management team" - yet when it's Ekwah its "how they've been coached" 😀😀

There's other stuff too, all very minor on the face of it, but its the slyness and manipulation of some of it rather than downright throwing people under the bus. Little bits like suggesting Jobe was playing as a striker against Ipswich when he clearly wasn't and when pressed suggesting "its a situation I inherited" again laying the blame elsewhere.

I can see why many have taken an instant dislike to him, he's playing the game and is a bluffer.

Nah up until his ill advised outburst last week he hasn’t said a thing marginally wrong that you don’t get in any press conference up and down the country. Basically he did talk some shit up at Rangers and people with pre conceived ideas are determined to make the cap fit here. The stuff you have typed there you could dissect from anyone it’s nowt.

When Mowbray complains about not having a forward he’s ’telling it as it is’ when Beale does he’s passing the blame.

Last edited:
I believe when you are reading that one line you must take it in the context of the article.
As stated in the article after joining Rangers who just 6 months earlier had reached the Europa League final, he said they were on levels terms as for competing with Celtic. A few games later and suddenly he says they need 5/6 players to compete with Celtic.
To look at concrete evidence, Beale claiming to Dodds victory as his own is pretty damming also.
Where did he claim a Dodds victory as his own?

Honestly sick of seeing this accusation made at Beale. Can someone please give me a concrete quote which amounts to an unfair blaming of the players, and equally 'taking all the credit' when we get a result?

This is Schumacher's post match interview from Sat:

That sounds much more like a direct attack on his players than anything I've heard Beale say. Does this also count as throwing his players under the bus?

Some fans have given the highlighting of Aouchice's mistakes at Ipswich as an example of him shifting the blame; seriously, what was he supposed to say instead? "I take the blame for that, I should have known he'd eff it up and shouldn't have brought the lad on". Would you rather hear that if you were the player in question?

Jury is still out on Beale as far as i'm concerned, but we'd do well to not just invent things to criticise him about.
I keep thinking it’s amazing that old dirty knees was a lot tougher on players and people loved him for it. Beale gives an honest opinion about the general performance and he’s a monster!

Regarding Michut he described him as sullen, typically French, ‘I can see him thinking shut up’ throws his arms up in the air even a bit if racial stereotyping going on there.

However if Beale says we missed a great chance at one end and conceded a soft one at the other he’s passing the blame or throwing players under the bus. This will rumble because you and others will find a line every week and spin it as you like.

Nah up until his ill advised outburst last week he hasn’t said a thing marginally wrong that you don’t get in any press conference up and down the country. Basically he did talk some shit up at Rangers and people with pre conceived ideas are determined to make the cap fit here. The stuff you have typed there you could dissect from anyone it’s nowt.

When Mowbray complains about not having a forward he’s ’telling it as it is’ when Beale does he’s passing the blame.

Still not getting it?? I had no problem with the comments after Newcastle about players thinking they were maybe at that level and it being an eye opener - its true and maybe some were guilty of that.

No problem with the comments about ill discipline from Aouchiche and him missing a chance, however I'm pretty sure had Aouchiche acored the winner he'd have taken the credit for puttint him on....

Couldn't give a shit what he said elsewhere, have no like for Rangers or Scottish football.

The 'coaching' comment on Ekwah and then suggesting they made the decision regarding subs as a 'management team' highlights it whether you agree or not.

Doesn't own anything when it's not positive - when I see him doing that my opinion may change. Otherwise I can only call what I see.
However if Beale says we missed a great chance at one end and conceded a soft one at the other he’s passing the blame or throwing players under the bus. This will rumble because you and others will find a line every week and spin it as you like.

I was relatively open minded to him. As much as I liked Mowbray we were going nowhere with him as we didn't have the pragmatism from him or the quality from players.

Whether you like it or not I'll call a bluffer a bluffer though and on first appearance it's how he's coming accross.

Last edited:
Still not getting it?? I had no problem with the comments after Newcastle about players thinking they were maybe at that level and it being an eye opener - its true and maybe some were guilty of that.

No problem with the comments about ill discipline from Aouchiche and him missing a chance, however I'm pretty sure had Aouchiche acored the winner he'd have taken the credit for puttint him on....

Couldn't give a shit what he said elsewhere, have no like for Rangers or Scottish football.

The 'coaching' comment on Ekwah and then suggesting they made the decision regarding subs as a 'management team' highlights it whether you agree or not.

Doesn't own anything when it's not positive - when I see him doing that my opinion may change. Otherwise I can only call what I see.

I was relatively open minded to him. As much as I liked Mowbray we were going nowhere with him as we didn't have the pragmatism from him or the quality from players.

Whether you like it or not I'll call a bluffer a bluffer though and on first appearance it's how he's coming accross.
100% agree

I can only see him getting more pronounced at distancing himself when he hits another bad patch

Regarding Michut he described him as sullen, typically French, ‘I can see him thinking shut up’ throws his arms up in the air even a bit if racial stereotyping going on there.

Are you categorically saying Beale is a decent appointment?

Are you categorically saying Beale is a decent appointment?
Definitely not. I was disappointed when we got him felt he hadn’t been in management long enough to have confidence that he would be successful. In his time here I have yet to be convinced positively or negatively. I defend him against the abuse he’s received and the narrative that he had a shit record before he came over and people pouring over every word he says to fit that narrative. However he’s here, I want him to do well and I’ll continue to judge him over what he does here

Last edited:
Definitely not. I was disappointed when we got him felt he hadn’t been in management long enough to have confidence that he would be successful. In his time here I have yet to be convinced positively or negatively. I defend him against the abuse he’s received and the narrative that he had a shit record before he came over and people pouring over every word he says to fit that narrative. However he’s here, I want him to do well and I’ll continue to judge him over what he does here

You're not The Lone Ranger by any chance?

To be honest I remember Roy Keane being quite scathing with players when he was here, and we just considered it as driving high standards.

Only thing Beale needs to stop doing in conversation is directly defending his own performance. Just don't even respond to the stupid stuff about accents or talk about Mowbray's last 7 games, leave that to us sad fuckers on here.

Back