"He throws the players under the bus"

He's not media savvy at all. Many times on the Rangers forum people were saying they wished he'd just keep his mouth shut. Gives away too much information as well during press conferences.

The winning goal at Ipswich came from a cheaply conceded set piece, a badly defended set piece and we missed a massive chance. They were significant moments in the game and he was getting interviewed. Mowbray would have pointed the same thing out. The narrative about him came from Glasgow. That’s the simple answer. I’d argue the most poisonous criticism has come from our fans connected to Glasgow Rangers. It’s as simple as that. They need to let it go or just support Rangers.
It was clear as day this criticism came from Rangers fans there's no evidence to say he's done that here

Honestly sick of seeing this accusation made at Beale. Can someone please give me a concrete quote which amounts to an unfair blaming of the players, and equally 'taking all the credit' when we get a result?

This is Schumacher's post match interview from Sat:

That sounds much more like a direct attack on his players than anything I've heard Beale say. Does this also count as throwing his players under the bus?

Some fans have given the highlighting of Aouchice's mistakes at Ipswich as an example of him shifting the blame; seriously, what was he supposed to say instead? "I take the blame for that, I should have known he'd eff it up and shouldn't have brought the lad on". Would you rather hear that if you were the player in question?

Jury is still out on Beale as far as i'm concerned, but we'd do well to not just invent things to criticise him about.
As long as he didn’t mention outside noise.
Wonder if their fans start with the personal abuse

At Rangers he was infamous for it, not once, not twice not even three times but regularly.

I've just read that first link. Leaving to one side that you're hardly going to get accurate Rangers coverage on a Celtic fan site, here's the actual quote in question (which is what I asked for, not headlines):

"This group has given me what they can and we’re probably four or five players away from being where I want us to be. That’s nothing against the players that are playing just now, it will just make us stronger."

So, does the headline "Beale throws his flops under the bus" seem appropriate? No, but we'll carry on with the narrative anyway shall we.

The problem with making comparisons to Glasgow is that up there, finishing a close 2nd and only beating your fiercest rivals once in 5 games is disastrous. Rangers lost to Celtic then went on to win about 12 in 14 matches, including a game in which they were booed by their own fans after winning 1-0 😂

I'm all for giving the manager criticism where it's valid, but unfortunately a lot of the negativity aimed at Beale pretty much just amounts to "I don't like the cut of his jib".

I've just read that first link. Leaving to one side that you're hardly going to get accurate Rangers coverage on a Celtic fan site, here's the actual quote in question (which is what I asked for, not headlines):

"This group has given me what they can and we’re probably four or five players away from being where I want us to be. That’s nothing against the players that are playing just now, it will just make us stronger."

So, does the headline "Beale throws his flops under the bus" seem appropriate? No, but we'll carry on with the narrative anyway shall we.

The problem with making comparisons to Glasgow is that up there, finishing a close 2nd and only beating your fiercest rivals once in 5 games is disastrous. Rangers lost to Celtic then went on to win about 12 in 14 matches, including a game in which they were booed by their own fans after winning 1-0 😂

I'm all for giving the manager criticism where it's valid, but unfortunately a lot of the negativity aimed at Beale pretty much just amounts to "I don't like the cut of his jib".

I believe when you are reading that one line you must take it in the context of the article.
As stated in the article after joining Rangers who just 6 months earlier had reached the Europa League final, he said they were on levels terms as for competing with Celtic. A few games later and suddenly he says they need 5/6 players to compete with Celtic.
To look at concrete evidence, Beale claiming to Dodds victory as his own is pretty damming also.

Last edited:
I believe when you are reading that one line you must take it in the context of the article.
As stated in the article after joining Rangers who just 6 months earlier had reached the Europa League final, he said they were on levels terms as for competing with Celtic. A few games later and suddenly he says they need 5/6 players to compete with Celtic.
Yeah but, in the context of the argument... That's hardly throwing players under the bus is it?

Yeah but, in the context of the argument... That's hardly throwing players under the bus is it?

It does when you consider 6 months earlier THEY were good enough and now when he is Manager they are not good enough. Can even you not see how he is deflecting the blame from himself???

Every new member and sub seem to set up a thread to have a pop at our fans 🤔
Aye funny that. All to be ignored.

Mods...create a sub forum for new members and subs and after they have proven themselves admit th to members club.

At Rangers he was infamous for it, not once, not twice not even three times but regularly.

Well hopefully he has learned from that. Most people in any job will look back at things they did well and not so well in their quest to advance their career. Phillips said much the same during his first press interview for Pools. If Beale cant do this then he has a big ego problem....so far i dont see that

It does when you consider 6 months earlier THEY were good enough and now when he is Manager they are not good enough. Can even you not see how he is deflecting the blame from himself???
That's not dissimilar to Mowbray being happy last season with the team and then whinging about the lack of experience of the team when we had a poor run this season. Narratives change as form changes. All managers are the same, especially when put under scrutiny when words are sliced and diced by smart arses with an agenda.

Every new member and sub seem to set up a thread to have a pop at our fans 🤔
See what usually happens is that I browse the forum, create an account when I decide to chip in, promptly get accused of being someone else who was banned, give up and leave for a while, forget my login... rinse and repeat

In the interests of balance, if anyone reads those three ‘throwing under the bus’ articles and can actually highlight a quote where Beale ‘throws players under the bus’ I’ll be most grateful. I’ve read them all twice and still can’t.

That's not dissimilar to Mowbray being happy last season with the team and then whinging about the lack of experience of the team when we had a poor run this season. Narratives change as form changes. All managers are the same, especially when put under scrutiny when words are sliced and diced by smart arses with an agenda.

Mowbray was clearly nit happy and even said we'd be in trouble if we didn't replace Evans with an experienced midfielder and Bemoaning the lack of strikers as well.

That clearly got magnified the longer it went on - nowhere near the same.

Honestly sick of seeing this accusation made at Beale. Can someone please give me a concrete quote which amounts to an unfair blaming of the players, and equally 'taking all the credit' when we get a result?

This is Schumacher's post match interview from Sat:

That sounds much more like a direct attack on his players than anything I've heard Beale say. Does this also count as throwing his players under the bus?

Some fans have given the highlighting of Aouchice's mistakes at Ipswich as an example of him shifting the blame; seriously, what was he supposed to say instead? "I take the blame for that, I should have known he'd eff it up and shouldn't have brought the lad on". Would you rather hear that if you were the player in question?

Jury is still out on Beale as far as i'm concerned, but we'd do well to not just invent things to criticise him about.

Needs some speech therapy

It's "Kicking King" not Kkkkkiccckking Kkkking" ya scouse numptie.

See it's not just Cockney tw@ts we don't like, we're not prejudiced or anyfing

Back