"He throws the players under the bus"

McDonaldinho

Reserve Squad
Honestly sick of seeing this accusation made at Beale. Can someone please give me a concrete quote which amounts to an unfair blaming of the players, and equally 'taking all the credit' when we get a result?

This is Schumacher's post match interview from Sat:

That sounds much more like a direct attack on his players than anything I've heard Beale say. Does this also count as throwing his players under the bus?

Some fans have given the highlighting of Aouchice's mistakes at Ipswich as an example of him shifting the blame; seriously, what was he supposed to say instead? "I take the blame for that, I should have known he'd eff it up and shouldn't have brought the lad on". Would you rather hear that if you were the player in question?

Jury is still out on Beale as far as i'm concerned, but we'd do well to not just invent things to criticise him about.

Honestly sick of seeing this accusation made at Beale. Can someone please give me a concrete quote which amounts to an unfair blaming of the players, and equally 'taking all the credit' when we get a result?

That sounds much more like a direct attack on his players than anything I've heard Beale say. Does this also count as throwing his players under the bus?

Some fans have given the highlighting of Aouchice's mistakes at Ipswich as an example of him shifting the blame; seriously, what was he supposed to say instead? "I take the blame for that, I should have known he'd eff it up and shouldn't have brought the lad on". Would you rather hear that if you were the player in question?

Jury is still out on Beale as far as i'm concerned, but we'd do well to not just invent things to criticise him about.
This would also explain why multiple plYers for stoke were actively not tracking back

I thought the same when I listened the other day. Said the team were well prepared but didn’t connect on the chances that were presented. Paraphrasing there. I thought it was an odd thing to say. Does he hang out with Tim Sherwood?

This is new.

Who were you before you got banned?

The winning goal at Ipswich came from a cheaply conceded set piece, a badly defended set piece and we missed a massive chance. They were significant moments in the game and he was getting interviewed. Mowbray would have pointed the same thing out. The narrative about him came from Glasgow. That’s the simple answer. I’d argue the most poisonous criticism has come from our fans connected to Glasgow Rangers. It’s as simple as that. They need to let it go or just support Rangers.

At Rangers he was infamous for it, not once, not twice not even three times but regularly.

At Rangers he was infamous for it, not once, not twice not even three times but regularly.

Certainly seems to lack composure mind. Press side of the game unfortunately huge now.

I'd have rather he said something like

'Players make mistakes and I'm sure he will learn from it.' And then move the conversation on

The winning goal at Ipswich came from a cheaply conceded set piece, a badly defended set piece and we missed a massive chance. They were significant moments in the game and he was getting interviewed. Mowbray would have pointed the same thing out. The narrative about him came from Glasgow. That’s the simple answer. I’d argue the most poisonous criticism has come from our fans connected to Glasgow Rangers. It’s as simple as that. They need to let it go or just support Rangers.
Yep, I've noticed that too.

Schumacher won't last long with comments like that, the players obviously haven't been inspired by him.

Anyone who has watched SAFC this season knows the best way beat us is to stop Clarke by doubling up on him, press us hard and high up the pitch and be physical in the challenge.

They did none of these, so that was down to tactics, not the players.

Back