Having difficulty understanding someone.

I get into that situation quite a bit when I pop over. Only I am the one next to you who you can't understand.

I blame it on my low speaking tone, my mumbling and that English isn't my first language. I seem to get away with it when they find out am an alien just visiting for a while.

When in doubt, play the dumb tourist card.

I was in the galleries bus station and this fella stood next me but I didn't have a clue what he was saying, he sounded like the shave a bollock fella on the eurovison Father Ted episode, so he's chatting away but I didn't want to say I haven't a clue what your going on about because it would have insulted him so I just said the one thing which anyone would have said which is Or I. What would you say?

I just smile or laugh and nod if I can't understand somebody the second time they have said something. They probably think I'm a psycho.

Just give them a long uncomfortable hug... top tip when they pull away cuddle them harder with some cheek to cheek Action

My littlest boy cannot speak properly and it’s ducking heart breaking at times, I can understand him 99 percent of the time, but others cannot, his little friends understand him so that ok, he is getting speech therapy and I really hope it brings him on, I could of cried when he saw Santa and I did not have time to get in his ear and tell him his name, instead of calling him Oscar he was calling him otter as that’s how he pronounced it, trying really hard with him but at times I think I’m trying to much as he just does not want to try sometimes

Back