Havertz

Arteta is a good manager, and i think Havertz will be a really good signing for him.

I recall Arsenal getting a load of stick on here for what they paid for Jesus last summer. Yet they looked an excellent side with him up front pre-World Cup.

Tin hat on but i think hes a good player. Excellent touch and can play in any midfielder or forward positions which is probably his downfall.

Not sure why alot of people seem to think he is shite. Scored the winner in the champions league final not long back. 14 goals in the season before this Chelsea horror season.

13 in 37 for Germany too. Good stats for somebody who isn't really a striker.

Completely agree.

He's really underrated on here.

Tin hat on but i think hes a good player. Excellent touch and can play in any midfielder or forward positions which is probably his downfall.

Not sure why alot of people seem to think he is shite. Scored the winner in the champions league final not long back. 14 goals in the season before this Chelsea horror season.

I agree , quality attacking midfielder/no10 ,tends to attract negative comments because he isn’t a natural poacher. Bit like Stirling in that you wouldn’t want money on him beating the keeper in a one on one. Thinking about it , I’d want money on the keeper if it was Stirling .

Last edited:
He’s quality but he got pretty much lumbered with playing up front on his own at Chelsea when they ditched Lukaku and signed an aging poisonous Aubamayang who they then gave up on almost straight away.

Reports say they want to convert him from a 10 to more of an 8 and play him with Odegaard and Rice which will be interesting if they bring Timber in as well.

He made more runs into the penalty area than any other PL player last season other than haaland apparently.

Could be handy if he's played in midfield arriving late

I also think it limits Rice as nobody from that lot is going to drop in when he occasionally carries the ball up the pitch

They are trying to bring in Timber to play as inverted RB. Can play RB /CB or DM so he will come in and give support there similar to how Stones has been used at times by City.

They’ll probably end up playing close to a 325 shape in possession with Havertz and Odegaard in the half spaces.

Need shapes for phases now rather than structure throughout and Havertz and Timber should give them that flexibility that they didn’t really have last season. Especially with Rice who can sit or drive on as well.

They are trying to bring in Timber to play as inverted RB. Can play RB /CB or DM so he will come in and give support there similar to how Stones has been used at times by City.

They’ll probably end up playing close to a 325 shape in possession with Havertz and Odegaard in the half spaces.

Need shapes for phases now rather than structure throughout and Havertz and Timber should give them that flexibility that they didn’t really have last season. Especially with Rice who can sit or drive on as well.
Genius pep like.

Creates a system now everyone trying to copy it

Lee Johnson likes this post.

Never rated him. I get Chelsea were occasionally playing him as a no9 which he isn’t, however he’s not quick, his touch is temperamental, he doesn’t score or assist enough, I fail to see the “quality” people talk about. Nowhere near worth what he’s gone for.

I agree

Seen him play for Bayer L against Atletico in CL (I know look at me etc etc)

He was outstanding. Chelsea have been a shambles in his time there and we haven’t seen the best of him yet
This, he is a great player but Chelsea being Chelsea just sign players without a plan. He was never the right fit for them imo.

Yeah I think he's a good player. Arsenal have got him for less than Chelsea paid for him and I'd argue his stock hasn't fallen in that time. Best years ahead of him and he'll be playing alongside plenty of good players in a settled team. Good move for both parties IMO.

I think we'll see a different Havertz to the one we've seen at Chelsea. He'll do well in a side that actually know what they're doing.

Crazy money for a player who has really struggled so far here I don’t see where he gets in their best 11 either.

Wide they have Trousard, Saka and Martinellie and Odagard at 10 he’s not as good as any of those.

I reckon we're gonna see a completely different playet at Arsenal. Having players like Ødegaard, Saka, Jesus, Martinelli and Trossard around you, who all work like crazy will probably leave him with a bit less to do for himself.
Or maybe it's just me thinking he was often left alone with a lot to do in lots of space rather than less to do in less space.
Absolutely and it gives arteta more options to set up slightly differently against opposition. Odegaard might play a bit deeper in some games with Havertz playing just if Jesus on the 10 role. Big game player Havertz too. Something Arsenal probably need more of.

Back