Have you worked with any ex sportsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

I worked with Nick Sharkey for a couple of years after the fruit machine company I worked for bought the company he worked for. Really nice bloke who never mentioned his footballing antics, as he didn't need to!

I was once chatting to Kimi Raikonnen at a party and Michael Schumacher walked up. He expected us to stop talking but we carried on, that was pretty awkward

I'm also pretty good mates with Floyd Mayweather and Tommy Hearns
I worked at the York Hall one night and Barry Maguigan was also working doing the commentary. Lovely bloke

Why on earth was Gazza in a library? Mistake it for an offie or something?
It was when libraries were attempting to attract the 'youth' element in and they had pool tables (mid-ish 80s) which basically just became a nightmare and we spent most of the time chucking him and his mates out. And sometimes the librarian I was working with was in there most of the time too! :lol:

I was John Kay's boss for a while. Fortunately he was not only one of the nicest blokes I've met, but he was also a real natural in his post-football career, because frankly I was always part terrified and part star struck given that he was one of my childhood heroes.

worked with joe bolton on the wagons at the co-op.
My favourite ever player....lives Birtley i think.....was asking an ex player about him and if he ever came to games....sadly he seems content in his allotment!(can you imagine the modern day player having an allotment!)good player 270 plus games for us...hard as nails..it was he that really sparked my love for safc and may have a bit of influence on one of my lads being called Joe...so thank you to him.
I would hazard a guess he stays away because of the money and the way they go on when"challenged" these days..Joe would not have liked that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back