Have you worked with any ex sportsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicman

Striker
Plenty of ex semi pro footballs, but Richard Dunn ex boxer worked with us offshore, talked us through his fight video with Ali. Took a couple of quid off all of us and stuck it in the charity. Heard plenty stories he was tight but he gave our money to charity

Worked in the next cubicle beside Micheal Johnson - arguably the best 400 metre runner ever - covering the 2001 world track and field championships in Edmonton. IIRC was working for NBC at the time. Nice bloke too.

Aye, but, I wouldn't want to share it on here because if they read it they'd know it's me and call me a dick.

I don't like being called a dick.

Used to work at the hotel last season and the players would stay there before a home game, should of hoyed some performance enhancing drugs in their fancy water bottles.

Plenty of ex semi pro footballs, but Richard Dunn ex boxer worked with us offshore, talked us through his fight video with Ali. Took a couple of quid off all of us and stuck it in the charity. Heard plenty stories he was tight but he gave our money to charity

Likewise, I too worked offshore with Richard Dunn.
Good crack.
I always liked the Ali stories - "say goodnight Richard.." :D

Also worked with an ex-Celtic player - Pat McCluskey. - He had a few great tales to tell in the coffee shop offshore.

Used to work in petrol station in Salford and worked with a former Blackburn player, Jim Branagan. Never knew he used to play until a year and a half after we started. Only knew as some fans came in looking for him as they were wanting autographs of players of the 80s

Worked with Martin and Will Johnson's brother. Brendan Foster is often in our reception area at work. I've helped Steve Cram out with an auction item for his charity dinner. Dick Malone often joins us in our box at the cricket.

Aye, but, I wouldn't want to share it on here because if they read it they'd know it's me and call me a dick.

I don't like being called a dick.
dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back