Have you ever used a word or phrase trying to sound ‘cool’ or ‘part of the gang’ that you immediately and/or still regret?

No he said minuture horses (and that's what they would be in Ryhope wouldn't they) get a pass cos they can't wave with their wee hooves.

It is that thing tho where you start waving enthusiastically at someone cos you think you know them. They look at you puzzled, look behind them. Then you realise it wasn't who you thought it was and stop and try to bring your arm down nonchalantly.

Huggy bear. I've missed you.
This is I do that kind of waving to strangers sometimes just cos I think it is funny. Amazing how often people want back desperately trying to figure out how they know you

During the gansta rap craze when my two lads were argumentative teenagers I found that rather than barking at them..
"How dare your speak to your mother like that!"
it was far more effective to yell ....
"Yo bro! .. Quit dissin ma bitch!"

I think by the time I hear new slang or street lingo it's about 3 years out of date. I just prefer to keep it real. Brrap brrap.

was watching an England game in a pub many years ago with a mate who doesn’t really like football was a shite game and my mate suddenly pipes up and says “How the fuck does Brian McClair not get a game for England”

Was at a friends new house, and somehow ended in conversation with their brand new neighbours’ mother in law.

To keep the small talk going she mentioned where she lived in Gateshead and the Peoples Kitchen.

‘Ahh, my old form teacher had something to do with that, but it turns out he was a bit touchy with the little girls’ I said…

Yip. It was her husband. My mate wanted to kill me. I just thought it was hilarious.

Mr Moon from Castle View for anyone interested -

The trauma is rushing back to me as I type, but just over a year ago I was talking to somebody regarding new uniforms at that persons place of work and, for some unfathomable reason, as that person showed me what the uniforms looked like, I declared that said uniforms looked ‘rascal’🫣🙈🤦🏻‍♂️

I had recently seen various football related interviews, where that term had been used mostly by current footballers(I would suggest a demographic never recommended to try and copy/emulate where language and communication are concerned). I actually spoke to the person for another fifteen minutes at least, but my recollection of the rest of the conversation is me thinking to myself, “why the fuck did I say that”.

After the conversation had ended I went into the toilets, looked at myself in the mirror and tied to repeat the phrase “f***ing hell mate, they look absolutely rascal”, and I couldn’t even bring myself to finish the sentence as I looked at my reflection. I vowed to my own reflection that we would never speak of this again😂🤣 Do any posters have their own examples, I look forward to this sharing moment, as we basque in our cringiness.
Absolutely howling at this. Oh, that’s painful. You’re lucky it was not recorded.

Back