Have you ever used a word or phrase trying to sound ‘cool’ or ‘part of the gang’ that you immediately and/or still regret?

The trauma is rushing back to me as I type, but just over a year ago I was talking to somebody regarding new uniforms at that persons place of work and, for some unfathomable reason, as that person showed me what the uniforms looked like, I declared that said uniforms looked ‘rascal’🫣🙈🤦🏻‍♂️

I had recently seen various football related interviews, where that term had been used mostly by current footballers(I would suggest a demographic never recommended to try and copy/emulate where language and communication are concerned). I actually spoke to the person for another fifteen minutes at least, but my recollection of the rest of the conversation is me thinking to myself, “why the fuck did I say that”.

After the conversation had ended I went into the toilets, looked at myself in the mirror and tied to repeat the phrase “f***ing hell mate, they look absolutely rascal”, and I couldn’t even bring myself to finish the sentence as I looked at my reflection. I vowed to my own reflection that we would never speak of this again😂🤣 Do any posters have their own examples, I look forward to this sharing moment, as we basque in our cringiness.

The trauma is rushing back to me as I type, but just over a year ago I was talking to somebody regarding new uniforms at that persons place of work and, for some unfathomable reason, as that person showed me what the uniforms looked like, I declared that said uniforms looked ‘rascal’🫣🙈🤦🏻‍♂️

I had recently seen various football related interviews, where that term had been used mostly by current footballers(I would suggest a demographic never recommended to try and copy/emulate where language and communication are concerned). I actually spoke to the person for another fifteen minutes at least, but my recollection of the rest of the conversation is me thinking to myself, “why the fuck did I say that”.

After the conversation had ended I went into the toilets, looked at myself in the mirror and tied to repeat the phrase “f***ing hell mate, they look absolutely rascal”, and I couldn’t even bring myself to finish the sentence as I looked at my reflection. I vowed to my own reflection that we would never speak of this again😂🤣 Do any posters have their own examples, I look forward to this sharing moment, as we basque in our cringiness.
That is funny. One day in 3 years time you will think of this again and blush. It will never leave you.

I tend to do the opposite. Speak like an edwardian lady most of the time

Not a trying to sound cool or anything like that but I saw an old school friend about 10 years ago.

I’d not seen him since we left school and he’s really tall now. I was fairly drunk and instead of saying ‘wow, you’re really tall, I instead said ‘wow, you’re really fat!

Everything just went silent. I still cringe about it to this day.

When I was 16 on my way to the Reading Festival with mates we were talking about our chance of getting a shag and I told them I was going to get a packet of 2 just in case. Much piss taking followed.

I live behind a pub car park , where the local youth gather.
I park in the pub car park as it is easier to get out on a morning.
I came in late from work , parked up , and had to walk right through them all.

I said “ Wagwan “ to them.
They all looked at me like I was daft.

I park elsewhere now. Dreading mischief night.

Wagwan??????????

That is funny. One day in 3 years time you will think of this again and blush. It will never leave you.

I tend to do the opposite. Speak like an edwardian lady most of the time
I know the feeling! I work some part time shifts at a community centre and it's open for the gym on Saturdays. I was informed last week that there'd be some work going on with pipes on my shift and the toilets would be out of order. Immediately I came out with 'I hope you've made some provision for my bladder as I don't fancy sitting with a plastic bottle for 4 hours.' Hyacinth Bucket sprang to mind.
The poor bloke was backing away from me at this point. 😁

Not me personally but a bloke I worked with (about 15 years ago) said we should all chillax.

I tortured him with that for about 5 years.

That just shows you’re more down with the kids than the kids themselves.

Back