Have we got a rat problem?

Council cutbacks and people not taking rubbish home. Judging by the amount of sightings the answer to the OP is yes. Just wait until the cold weather kicks in. Hopefully they don't make their way in doors.

Last edited:
I see them regularly from the Harbour pub all the way West on the track, past SOL. Worst bit is just after the allotments and under QA roundabout. Loads along there.

Wrapped them up and put them in the bin on collection day. Were all dead obviously. On insistence of wife and son we do have a humane trap as well but hardly ever catch anything in that. On odd occasions we do drive in to country to let them out or dispatch them quickly with air rifle before anyone else notices!

Few months ago spotted 2 sat on the bird feed table without a care in the world. Had poison down since and sightings have massively decreased. It's taken loads of poison like and it's supposed to be the strongest legal one available.

Used to spot them from the kitchen window. Sneak out the side door with a stone and I'd get one shot before they fucked off. Was millimetres from direct hits so many times

There’s always been a lot down the river on both sides but they seem to have spread more widely over the last few years.

Before that Alex Smiles place went up in flames a few years back there were a lot in that area, near the tip, always wondered whether they perished or spread after that fire.

There’s always been a lot down the river on both sides but they seem to have spread more widely over the last few years.

Before that Alex Smiles place went up in flames a few years back there were a lot in that area, near the tip, always wondered whether they perished or spread after that fire.
I hear they took to life on the road.

Back