Have we got a rat problem?

Seen one on our bird feeder today.

Get the poison out mate and a decent air rifle.
More than ever in Roker Park this year and loads above the marina next to the restaurant where nobheads throw food all over for the birds.
I hate the friggin horrible things 😬

Will bring my rifle up next season.
I know a cheap illegal way of getting rid of them.

Last edited:
McDonalds at the Wheatsheaf..the bit where you put your order in..in front of there there’s like a big green electricity box..me and my Niece last week seen a huge rat climb up it and disappear inside over the top of the door..fkn huge.

They're class. Proper clever n that.
McDonalds at the Wheatsheaf..the bit where you put your order in..in front of there there’s like a big green electricity box..me and my Niece last week seen a huge rat climb up it and disappear inside over the top of the door..fkn huge.

Even rats wouldn't eat that shite.

Terrified of the fuckers. My list of places to avoid is growing by the year round here now. Not sure if there’s more or if I’m just more aware of where they are now

If those photo's are real, then yes thats a big problem, the council needs to deal with it
They look big fuckers, if theres 30 spotted they'll be 000's kicking around a they breed worse than rabbits
They'll be a food source near by as well

Last edited:
My son lives in town and starts work at 6am in the city centre. He said he sees loads on his walk into work.

I've seen them in the garden area between University Metro station and the Priestman building. On leaving the match once, a huge rat ran through the crowd as we were going under St Peters Metro station and a load of blokes squealed like little girls 😂

Walked through barnes park at lunchtime last week and saw four of the fuckers in the space of five minutes. Not even right down by the stream, but up by the ettrick grove entrance.

Back