Has anyone ever unexpectedly seen themselves on tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever been watching a documentary on the miners striker, Wearside Jack, falklands or whatever and seen yourself pop up without knowing you were gonna be on?

I was on sky and motd iirc I was wearing a red hat, the hat had white writing Sunderland across it, I was applauding a goal at the SOL in the North Stand just across from the goal.

Watching that gig The Jam did that was televised from the City Hall with Weller wearing the yellow polka dot shirt. There’s a small clip of me leaning over the seats, fist raised. Was fairly sure it was me but didn’t want to say out. At school the next day one of the lads was asking what it’s like to be a film star!

When they were on The Tube some time later there was a massive camera right behind me so I wasn’t surprised to see my head bobbing up and down throughout.

Watching that gig The Jam did that was televised from the City Hall with Weller wearing the yellow polka dot shirt. There’s a small clip of me leaning over the seats, fist raised. Was fairly sure it was me but didn’t want to say out. At school the next day one of the lads was asking what it’s like to be a film star!

When they were on The Tube some time later there was a massive camera right behind me so I wasn’t surprised to see my head bobbing up and down throughout.
I don't like the thought of seeing your head 'bobbing up and down'.

On some rave video on YouTube, me and a few pals having it large up Ayr in Scotland, 1992
Always on MOTD back when safc were mint, the Quinn/ Phillips era, cos @Fosters Mackem and my season tickets were behind the corner flag
And also with @Fosters Mackem again, we were on the news for climbing on the roof of the puffin billy trains during some safc parade, allegedly damaged it by climbing up- makes no fuckin difference now does it

I’m in a random Sarah Millican dvd and every now and again someone messages me saying “I think I’ve just seen you on telly!” when it’s repeated on Dave or summat.

Also, not tv but I went to see an photography exhibition at Kings Cross of Keith Pattinson’s miners strike photographs. I turned a corner and saw a photo of my uncle, which surprised me.

No Redemption: Keith Pattison's photographs of the miners' strike

Last edited:
Whilst not totally unexpected as I had intentionally been on the TV earlier in the evening, at the announcement of the City of Culture results I hadn't realised that the cameras were pointing at me at the moment the result was announced. I swore under my breath and grabbed my beer. Not my greatest TV moment.:lol:

I also inadvertently became an extra in the TV soap 'The Bold and The Beautiful' although I've not seen the finished result to know if I made the cut.

There was a documentary in the 1980s following some of the prostitutes who worked around Kings Cross. I was seen walking up the stairs from the tube, sparking up a tab and walking to the 73 bus stop.

Was scrolling through the 2017 photo gallery on the Sunniside Live website on Friday and came across a pic with me cousin in.

Used to be a spin off programme called Luton Airport form the original Airport programme. Myself and some mates were in the airport delayed for hours and we're sort of interviewed. It was shown.

But then also reperated on one of those channels for years.

I'd get I saw you on television every couple of weeks from someone

Used to be a spin off programme called Luton Airport form the original Airport programme. Myself and some mates were in the airport delayed for hours and we're sort of interviewed. It was shown.

But then also reperated on one of those channels for years.

I'd get I saw you on television every couple of weeks from someone
Thought you’d be on through the key hole with Llyod Grossman

Been on MoTD a few times. Usually find out by getting tagged on here.

I was at Man Utd away. My brother didn't knew we'd gone and was watching a stream with his son. He was talking through what was happening when a shot of the crowd came on and they got a shock to see the bairns and me on the tele :lol:

Tyne Tees used to run an inter school quiz type programme way back in the 60s, similar to BBCs Top of the Form. When my school was selected to go on I ended up in the audience with a few of my mates. The first tv appearance of tonyfromalnwick was as a 12 year old with his finger wedged deep up his nose.
We lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back