Has anyone ever unexpectedly seen themselves on tv?

At matches a couple of times, when the cameras focused on number one son when he was little and the commentator wanted to remark on the young fans of the future getting their first match experience.

And also for a time when my Dad decided in his wisdom to wear a hideous bright orange raincoat to matches and you could pick us out of any newspaper pictures, MOTD footage or satellite photographs from space

I am always trying to get on the coverage of the Great North Run but always get the years when the camera bike is looking toward the shops at the Nook rather than on the other side at the houses where I stand. During the early years of the Great North Run my dad and I used to stand next to where Redwell School used to be (my parents used to go there) and I was on for a second or two but I was on.

On MOTD, went to watch Charlton with a mate a few years back, think it was against the World Cup Winners....I was the only person in the stand sea of Red with a blue adidas Tracky top on

Was on every news bulletin one day chucking stones at Bilston Glen pit canteen windows, Midlothian. The stones were then seen to fall amongst the coppers at Orgreave 200 miles away. Some chuck that, or some miss whichever way you want to look at it. Even fooled me own mam that one.

Coaching footy one summer at Long Island Soccer Camp which was based in a posh boarding school during their summer break, our night off was Saturday when we’d go out to get lashed and chase the local talent. Sunday was our day off so we were all lying in recovering when we discovered the school was being used for a massive victim rescue training scenario for the fire brigade. Sirens, alarms, firemen clumping all over the place and some of the lads got roped into being pretend victims. Got interviewed for the local TV news later.

Every Thanksgiving and every Christmas for twenty years in Houston I would go and volunteer to serve food at the big feast for the homeless. One year me and another lad got interviewed for the local news. I didn’t watch it but the other lad was so chuffed he wrote to the TV station and got a DVD made of it. He ran me off a copy and gave it to me the next time we met. It’s still there on the shelf unwatched!

MOTD a couple of times.

Been on TV in the background a few times cos of my job. I was one of the blerks in high vis.

I've noticed that TV tends to put a couple of stone and ten years on me these days so I'm camera shy.

Did the great north run couple of years back. Miassus watched me pass around Gateshead stadium then walked back to her ma's house. She put the telly on and they were covering some weather girl or presenter wife finishing and i was running along side her. (Never even knew she was there).
Missus even managed to pause the tv and take a photo to show me too.

Walking through the Bridges in a Chipie down jacket in 1989 when someone was getting interviewed on Look North or whatever it was called.

Weirdest thing that has happened to me, I was in bar in Grantham years ago, got talking to the barman about golf and then onto my brother who has played for years. At the same time I'm talking about him, my brother appears on the tv, in close up, on the screen behind the bar. A snooker tournament at Crowtree, Jimmy white was playing and the camera zoomed in on the crowd. There's my brother with his best mate.
So while I'm taking to the barman about my brother, I excitedly blurt out: "there he is on the tele!" By the time he turned round, the camera was back on Jimmy White. He must've thought I was a right fkin fruitloop.

Not TV but I made a colour picture in the chronicle this season

Did anyone get on that time team episode they filmed at hylton castle? Can remember a few urchins knocking about with Samson shirts on

Back