Has anyone ever unexpectedly seen themselves on tv?

On match of the day looking bored at Man United away when we were getting thrashed and also celebrating Defoe's goal at Norwich away when we won 3-0 in the Prem (got a few messages off friends who were not Sunderland fans from that one).

I was on screen following asoro's winner v hull

Someone mentioned snooker at crowtree years back and I was on the front row watching Steve Davis beat Matthew Stevens. That was on bbc2 iirc

My pom pom hat was in view at the crowd shot from the back of the old roker end on Shoot

I've been on screen at the cricket a few times at cls

Clocked off at work and walked into blinding lights outside the Time Office, went home and watched myself clocking off on the North East News and found out via the news that the place was closing.

Did the great north run couple of years back. Miassus watched me pass around Gateshead stadium then walked back to her ma's house. She put the telly on and they were covering some weather girl or presenter wife finishing and i was running along side her. (Never even knew she was there).
Missus even managed to pause the tv and take a photo to show me too.
I was on last year, running past as they interviewed a group of Minions.:lol:

Was part of a group of people interviewed by Sky Sports News at Old Trafford on cup semi final day vs Millwall.
Was shown in the crowd on BBC when the players were coming out for Italy vs England at Rome in the 6 Nations in 2016.
Similarly, me and another lad shown in the crowd on SuperSport during Stormers vs someone at Newlands wearing England flags on our back and goading a load of Argentinians. Didn't know until we got back to the pub.

Apparently I was clearly seen giving the Stoke fans the wanker sign on the Jeff Selling show after the end of the game (the match when Defoe scored the last minute penalty to earn us a draw).

A bit embarrassing for a near 60 year old :oops::oops:

Back in 1984 during the Miners Strike a BBC camera crew were filming at my school in Sacriston, they were there to interview kids of families affected by the strike, I wasn’t interviewed but they caught me on camera walking and getting on the school bus in the afternoon.

March 2002 on a test train the day before the metro Sunderland extension was opened to passengers, BBC camera crew filming a piece for the news. I was on to take photographs for archive library, keeping well out of the way of the filming (or so I thought). Didn’t realise until I saw the local news later that they had actually filmed me taking photos!

About 12 years ago the building where I work was used to film scenes for, at the time, a well known BBC show called “Grumpy Old Women” - the filming in question was for an episode about office politics/meeting speak. Myself and about half a dozen members of staff were used as extras during the meeting room scenes. Thought it was going to something that would be shown once. Never realised that it would end up been shown regular reruns on The Comedy Channel!

A couple of times.
Once at the cricket.
Once in a documentary about the Lido I used to go to.
They implied that I was a lesbian in a relationship with my sister which was hilarious for everyone for a good while.

Mid 90s I was walking home from school with a few mates, a camera crew were at the far end of the road filming, we were on a documentary they were making about the drugs problems in blyth at the time.

Few times on MOTD and Sky. Main time was when we got beat 5-0 off City in 2011, camera zoomed right into me, looking as happy as you would when 5-0 down. Got back on the bus and started getting loads of texts and messages on facebook with photos. Got home and the 1st thing my mam said was 'why didn't you smile for the camera' :lol:

One of our work vans, was on Vera, right at the end of the episode, the driver was smoking in the van, luckily none of the gaffers watches Vera :lol::lol:

Back