Hartlepool United: cashing in on Remembrance Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strips should only have a poppy on, nothing else, what next ? a gun ? This crosses the line IMO. Would be hell on if a German club had a Messerschmitt on one of their strips
Pretty sure they've had multiple issues with racism in the crowd at Hartlepool over the last few years, so this'll be right up their street.

Increasing right wing fanbase at Hartlepool , courted by those who run the club

Last edited:

The ten of 1500 forces charities have £1.4 billion in assets. How many veterans are they supporting for £1.4 billion?

Fair enough if we’d had another WW1 or WW2 in recent history, but we haven’t.
You’re aware we’ve had armed services in place since the end of WW2 right? In fact over 7,000 British servicemen have been killed in active service since the end of WW2.

Also estimates are more than 6,000 veterans from the British services are living rough at the moment.
There are more than 3.8m veterans in the uk at the moment. Is this the answer you wanted?

Ok but how many of those need on-going support to the tune of 1.4 billion in assets held by the 10 biggest charities out of 1500?

your 6000 rough sleepers could have 45 grand just from the reserves.

This isn’t a dig at veterans or the military or the, I suspect, smaller charities who do great work. But the amount of money being poured into these organisations seems disproportionate to the problem and likely not being used as people expect. I’d also flag the raft of unsavoury characters who seem to be often involved.

Mind you if the "educated" on here knew their stuff instead of spouting fake news, they would spot the glaring error with the shirt.
Not really seeing anything, other than maybe the propeller is wrong. Think 4 blade propellers generally have an X shape rather than + shape that the image indicates. Also not really sure I saw a poppy on the shirt either. Or is 'Lest We Forget' just used for WWI and not WWII?

Not really seeing anything, other than maybe the propeller is wrong. Think 4 blade propellers generally have an X shape rather than + shape that the image indicates. Also not really sure I saw a poppy on the shirt either. Or is 'Lest We Forget' just used for WWI and not WWII?
The MH434 Spitfire featured on Pools' Remembrance Day shirt didn't actually feature in the Battle of Britain as it was first built in 1943

Same opinion I have every year when the uneducated go on about this. The club donate money to the British legion every year and then auction off the players shirts on eBay with money going to the British legion. The club also provide reduced tickets for armed services and ex seemed services which is something not all clubs do. The British legion have never once aired concerns over this and it continues to be a popular initiative. Well done again to Pools. It was agreed to change theme this year to commemorate the battle of Britain. Pools have used the poppy in recent years and again that has caused no issues with the British legion.

so you're saying this shirt is to celebrate the Battle of Britain?

with a Mark IX Spitfire - shameful historical inaccuracy

edit - i made my post without getting to your post above - just in case you think i was cheating

(the 2 20mm cannon are a dead giveaway)

;)

Last edited:
The MH434 Spitfire featured on Pools' Remembrance Day shirt didn't actually feature in the Battle of Britain as it was first built in 1943
Shirt isn't specifically indicating Battle of Britain - just planes in the war. Unless the site has some blurb saying otherwise.

Ok but how many of those need on-going support to the tune of 1.4 billion in assets held by the 10 biggest charities out of 1500?

your 6000 rough sleepers could have 45 grand just from the reserves.

This isn’t a dig at veterans or the military or the, I suspect, smaller charities who do great work. But the amount of money being poured into these organisations seems disproportionate to the problem and likely not being used as people expect. I’d also flag the raft of unsavoury characters who seem to be often involved.
I may get pelters for this, but there are too many charities often all doing the same work. God knows how many cancer charities there are, who all need admin staff, it systems, accountants etc. If we streamline them a lot more cash gets to the place that we need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back