Hartlepool United: cashing in on Remembrance Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same opinion I have every year when the uneducated go on about this. The club donate money to the British legion every year and then auction off the players shirts on eBay with money going to the British legion. The club also provide reduced tickets for armed services and ex seemed services which is something not all clubs do. The British legion have never once aired concerns over this and it continues to be a popular initiative. Well done again to Pools. It was agreed to change theme this year to commemorate the battle of Britain. Pools have used the poppy in recent years and again that has caused no issues with the British legion.

The same British Legion stockpiling cash - Armed forces charities sit on reserves of £275 million

Of course they are happy to take the cash. How many people are in the forces these days and how many major conflicts have we been in within the past 30 years? There is an obscene amount of cash going into these organisations with I suspect high "admin" costs.

The same British Legion stockpiling cash - Armed forces charities sit on reserves of £275 million

Of course they are happy to take the cash. How many people are in the forces these days and how many major conflicts have we been in within the past 30 years? There is an obscene amount of cash going into these organisations with I suspect high "admin" costs.

Charity happy to take cash, whatever next. I'm not sure what point you're making with the major conflicts question?

Charity happy to take cash, whatever next. I'm not sure what point you're making with the major conflicts question?

The top ten of 1500 forces charities have £1.4 billion in assets. How many veterans are they supporting for £1.4 billion?

Fair enough if we’d had another WW1 or WW2 in recent history, but we haven’t.

Last edited:
The top ten of 1500 forces charities have £1.4 billion in assets. How many veterans are they supporting for £1.4 billion?

We've had enough conflict for thousands of veterans and current serving personnel to require support. The problem is the money not being used correctly in my opinion, though this is a completely different topic to the OP.

You’re aware we’ve had armed services in place since the end of WW2 right? In fact over 7,000 British servicemen have been killed in active service since the end of WW2.

Also estimates are more than 6,000 veterans from the British services are living rough at the moment.

Last edited:

There are more than 3.8m veterans in the uk at the moment. Is this the answer you wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back