Hard Rock Cafe noocazzle

Can’t think of owt worse than eating in somewhere that’s got an American feel and especially one where the main theme is rock and celebrities.

i get that the pair running this hard rock are from washington, but it still feels like paying 'the man' at a hard rock place compared to decent local businesses.
This.
That hyper, Australian(?) front of house woman on Look North (was she from HRC HQ?) going on about why hadn't they thought about opening up a caff before here was a bit weird!

Last edited:
Hard Rock was class in the 90s, part and parcel of a few popular destinations. Then it spread everywhere, you could buy counterfeit t-shirts on every street corner, Planet Hollywood became a thing, and it stopped being unusual became just another chain burger resteraunt. Mind you, in the early 90s in New York, the bar was a rare piece of solace, and the ice cold lager was amazing. Had some great conversations in there on some of the hottest days ever. Then Nevada Smiths happened of course and the English bars really took off, seem to remember in 1998.they

Been to one in Venice which was canny good I’m pretty sure it turned into a nightclub later on but I was canny pissed.

Also been to the one in Amsterdam which was absolutely shite, the weed couldn’t even improve the bait.

Where's our Hard Rock Cafe ffs
I always though the Fire Station would have been ideal for a Hard Rock Cafe, especially with the south facing space for the tables outside.

I've been to a few HRCs over the years:

Amsterdam
Barcelona
Boston
New York
Manchester
Venice
Edinburgh

The New York once was the worst. The staff couldn't wait for you to wolf your bait down so they could clear the table to make way for someone else from the queue of punters outside. I had a Hard Rock membership pin in my lapel so we queue jumped to get in because of that but all in all it was a disappointing evening.

My favourite one is the one in Edinburgh. It's a smaller venue but the food is canny, albeit pricey, and staff are class. It's also just around the corner from my favourite Edinburgh pub, the Thistle Street Bar, so it always makes for a canny night.

Back