Happy Rabbie Burns Day

Happy Burns day to you @CPLforever my love and to all 😘 xxx
Whoopee to you too. Didn't even have a haggis crisp tonight but out with some old friends so great time

O' wad some power the gift to give us, to see ourselves as others see us.

(Bit anglicised and not fully scottiscised for understanding but relevant nevertheless). Did you have haggis? Or at least a wee dram of irn bru
Is neebody having clootie dumpling t'day then? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

By the fact you said "a" probably means you aren't from north of the border.
Love a bit clootie dumpling but most today will maybe having cranachan (?) Which not keen on
Are you sure that you didn’t do this yesterday?
No 😅 but surprised I didn't cos I have been a day ahead all week 🤣

It's a big big thing up here. Gorgeous and a man of many a wise word.

Some people singing Auld Lang Syne on telly.... it's lovely

Last edited:
Love a bit clootie dumpling but most today will maybe having cranachan (?) Which not keen on
I've had some superb baits in Scotland, couldn't tell you their names but they were so nice I had them more than once.

As for lang syne, "should auld aquaintances be forgot" is a classic drunken singalong.

Last edited:
Whoopee to you too. Didn't even have a haggis crisp tonight but out with some old friends so great time

O' wad some power the gift to give us, to see ourselves as others see us.

(Bit anglicised and not fully scottiscised for understanding but relevant nevertheless). Did you have haggis? Or at least a wee dram of irn bru

No 😅 but surprised I didn't cos I have been a day ahead all week 🤣

It's a big big thing up here. Gorgeous and a man of many a wise word.

Some people singing Auld Lang Syne on telly.... it's lovely
Been on the whisky there matey?

Lovely to see

A new doctor is being shown round a Scottish hospital.

As they enter one ward, the nearest patient turns to him and says "Fair fa' your honest sonsie face, great chieftain o' the pudden race!"

Before the doctor can react, the patient in the next bed adds "Wee sleekit cowerin' timorous beastie! O what a panic's in thy breastie!"

And not to be outdone, the third patient responds "Some ha' meat and cannae eat, and some wad eat that want it!"

The doctor murmurs to the orderly "So this is the mental health ward?"

"Och no!" replies the orderly.

"...it's the Burns Unit!"

Had a burger to celebrate. It's what Robbie would've wanted. Not a fan of haggis, haven't had a clootie dumpling in about 30 years and stopped drinking Irn Bru as a bairn. I'm a disgrace to my heritage. Oh aye and I can't even smell whisky without feeling sick.

Had a burger to celebrate. It's what Robbie would've wanted. Not a fan of haggis, haven't had a clootie dumpling in about 30 years and stopped drinking Irn Bru as a bairn. I'm a disgrace to my heritage. Oh aye and I can't even smell whisky without feeling sick.
The power of whisky has a lasting effect

A new doctor is being shown round a Scottish hospital.

As they enter one ward, the nearest patient turns to him and says "Fair fa' your honest sonsie face, great chieftain o' the pudden race!"

Before the doctor can react, the patient in the next bed adds "Wee sleekit cowerin' timorous beastie! O what a panic's in thy breastie!"

And not to be outdone, the third patient responds "Some ha' meat and cannae eat, and some wad eat that want it!"

The doctor murmurs to the orderly "So this is the mental health ward?"

"Och no!" replies the orderly.

"...it's the Burns Unit!"
I want to be on that ward it sounds fabulous, cultured, and erudite.... and there's bound to be whisky

Back