Handing in notice just after starting new job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a phone call today and have got a start date with Openreach from 25th June

Really excited about this so at least I can give my other job notice of not joining (all be it only 1 week)

Need to wait for the official contract to be sent to me before hand though before I tell other place but that should be here in next few days.

after the Lehman Bros thing my job market was stagnant for ages, then two jobs came up in London for my kind of role, I got both those jobs and picked one

after a few weeks I found the hours too punitive and inflexible so got in touch with the other job I had turned down and they still wanted me so I told the current job that I was going to leave, they wanted to keep me so changed the working hours and met a few of my other requests

if they hadn't I'd have left though

sometimes these things happen, I wouldn't have planned to do it like that but just do what you have to to get by x

Always do the job you want to do. Would be straight up with new company and say ive got a new job. They can start outting things in place for when you go now.

Had a phone call today and have got a start date with Openreach from 25th June

Really excited about this so at least I can give my other job notice of not joining (all be it only 1 week)

Need to wait for the official contract to be sent to me before hand though before I tell other place but that should be here in next few days.

Enjoy the first 10 days of the world cup

after the Lehman Bros thing my job market was stagnant for ages, then two jobs came up in London for my kind of role, I got both those jobs and picked one

after a few weeks I found the hours too punitive and inflexible so got in touch with the other job I had turned down and they still wanted me so I told the current job that I was going to leave, they wanted to keep me so changed the working hours and met a few of my other requests

if they hadn't I'd have left though

sometimes these things happen, I wouldn't have planned to do it like that but just do what you have to to get by x
So you rejected one, then went back to them later, then pulled out again?

In the meantime, annoying your current employer anarl!

They must love you...

So you rejected one, then went back to them later, then pulled out again?

In the meantime, annoying your current employer anarl!

They must love you...

No, I got made redundant from my current employer so got a job somewhere else and requested to leave early which was granted, due to start other job in 2 weeks time.

In meantime I've been offered the job I wanted so won't be joining the other compsco now.

My current boss has asked me to stay on to help them cover shists, I have agree to this to help him out but needed to submit a formal request.

(Edit: sorry mate just seen you weren't talking to me but to cat :lol:)

I’ve did it before. Applied for a job which was better paid than the one I was at and got it. Anyway when I told my bosses at the place I was already at they upped my salary to more than the one I was leaving for.
Anyway I rang the new place and the bloke was a bit funny with me saying he could have given someone else the job. I just told him to do that then and put the phone down.

I’ve did it before. Applied for a job which was better paid than the one I was at and got it. Anyway when I told my bosses at the place I was already at they upped my salary to more than the one I was leaving for.
Anyway I rang the new place and the bloke was a bit funny with me saying he could have given someone else the job. I just told him to do that then and put the phone down.
Hope it wasn`t a job teaching English

Seen that work the other way too. Worked with a lad who went for a job elsewhere, got it and came back ready to hand his notice in. Our place offered to match the wage, so he told the other place and they upped their offer, which he then took. Worked out alright for him! :lol:

Anyone done this?

Being made redundant from current job and applied for loads of other jobs got interviews and got offered one that I will walk straight into the day after I leave my current job

The job did quite excited me and inacceoted it straight away but now i have the chance to start at the job that I really wanted out of all of them.

Waiting for a start date but their is a chance it might not be until after I start my new one, i will then have to put my notice in on new job after one been there a couple of weeks.

Anyone ever done this? Going to feel like a reet shithouse on the new company but I don't feel like I can turn the job down that I have wanted to do for years
Show them the same loyalty they would show you if they no longer need you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back