Handing in notice just after starting new job

Anyone done this?

Being made redundant from current job and applied for loads of other jobs got interviews and got offered one that I will walk straight into the day after I leave my current job

The job did quite excited me and inacceoted it straight away but now i have the chance to start at the job that I really wanted out of all of them.

Waiting for a start date but their is a chance it might not be until after I start my new one, i will then have to put my notice in on new job after one been there a couple of weeks.

Anyone ever done this? Going to feel like a reet shithouse on the new company but I don't feel like I can turn the job down that I have wanted to do for years

Anyone done this?

Being made redundant from current job and applied for loads of other jobs got interviews and got offered one that I will walk straight into the day after I leave my current job

The job did quite excited me and inacceoted it straight away but now i have the chance to start at the job that I really wanted out of all of them.

Waiting for a start date but their is a chance it might not be until after I start my new one, i will then have to put my notice in on new job after one been there a couple of weeks.

Anyone ever done this? Going to feel like a reet shithouse on the new company but I don't feel like I can turn the job down that I have wanted to do for years
Similar and similar situation really.

But instead of starting the other job for a month I told them that I wasn’t starting. Only told them on the morning I was supposed to be starting as that’s when I got the firm offer from my current employer.

Anyone done this?

Hope its not a job writing reports

Just do what’s best for you.

If you can do that without upsetting anyone else then great: that’s the best anyone can wish for.

If you can get away with not tak By the first job then that would be the least snidey way of doing it.

If you need the cash/security of a fall back job, take the job and wait and see if the newer one comes to fruition.

Similar and similar situation really.

But instead of starting the other job for a month I told them that I wasn’t starting. Only told them on the morning I was supposed to be starting as that’s when I got the firm offer from my current employer.

That's what I'm hoping for really, just waiting now on the firm job offer and don't start my new place till 11th so ideally I'll get the offer before then with a start date near enough straight after

Yes. Went for a job with my current company but didn't hear back for ages,so went for another job with my old company. The week after I started my new role I got my offer through from my new company. Felt like crap, especially since another lad had joined the same time as me, but cocked up so badly he had to leave, but you only have one career and you need to look after number one. No one else will.

Just do what’s best for you.

If you can do that without upsetting anyone else then great: that’s the best anyone can wish for.

If you can get away with not tak By the first job then that would be the least snidey way of doing it.

If you need the cash/security of a fall back job, take the job and wait and see if the newer one comes to fruition.

Aye definitely need to do what's best for me but you hit the nail on the head about feeling snidey.
I've been doing 1 day a week at new job until I can officaoffi start full time and there is only 4 of us so by telling them I won't take it will be dropping them reet in the shit, feel crap about it tbh

Yes. Went for a job with my current company but didn't hear back for ages,so went for another job with my old company. The week after I started my new role I got my offer through from my new company. Felt like crap, especially since another lad had joined the same time as me, but cocked up so badly he had to leave, but you only have one career and you need to look after number one. No one else will.

Same situation here mate.

Thing is the job I have got is basically just a warehouse and driver job.
The new job is for openreach and will get me an IT and telecommunications qualification which will set me up for any future job losses

Aye definitely need to do what's best for me but you hit the nail on the head about feeling snidey.
I've been doing 1 day a week at new job until I can officaoffi start full time and there is only 4 of us so by telling them I won't take it will be dropping them reet in the shit, feel crap about it tbh

The new job is for openreach and will get me an IT and telecommunications qualification which will set me up for any future job losses
You're not getting engaged, they're paying you to do a job. When you don't want to do it any more they stop paying you. Good luck with the qualification mate

No brainer then.

Is there any training involved ? Just be careful in case there’s anything in contract about them recouping those costs as in that case you’d be better off not starting at all and just having a bit time off.

Have you explained situation to the (hopefully) new employer ? I’d maybe just try and hurry them along

Anyone done this?

Surely the answer is to not start the job in the first place. Phone them and say sorry something else has came up.

Surely the answer is to not start the job in the first place. Phone them and say sorry something else has came up.

Aye but if I can't start openreach until July or August etc I will need a job until then

I’d agree but I guess he’s concerned the other job isn’t 100% agreed ?
It's near enough done mate but not 100% they are currently looking for a position on my area for me

We had a lad quit on his first day.

He'd asked for more money at his previous company and they refused.
He showed them various adverts for his job at other companies, all showing higher wages, they refused.
He applied and got the job at our place, showed his old employer the letter with the wage and asked them to match it, they refused.
He left and started our place, but they called on his first day and offered our salary plus 5k to go back.

He left at lunchtime, but he said that they could have saved 5k if they'd spoke to him on friday.

Back