Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a tough and pragmatic lad such as yourself would simply laugh off a good hiding from a famous sportsman like.
Be my own daft fault if I was bullying people and waving glass bottles about. Fully deserved for the bottle thing alone

He also said he would follow Sunderland home and away for life. And that his lifestyle would never change that.

He’s now going to Hartlepool instead
Ha ha ha

You know what, I apologise for that lost post. Was not relevant. Sorry

There’s quite a difference! They were allowed out, they didn’t punch anyone
Yes but if the police/CPS say no further action then the punches and the scuffle where justified whether you agree or not, therefore he has done nothing worse than the rest of the players. If he gets charged with anything to do with the incident then its a different story.

He's a young lad who has had a bit knock when on a night out and confronted by a few knob heads.

We castigate our sportsmen for being out of touch with the real world then when they appear normal we're apoplectic with our judgements. He's just been caught up in something I'm sure a fair few of us on here got caught up in when we were younger. Yes he's a professional sportsman (as some will argue) but he's also human.

FFS it's gone on for years man and it's only this bloody social media and big brother technology that brings these things to the attention of the media when in the past they would've gone unnoticed and unreported.

The lad made a mistake and has had his name branded all over the front pages for his behaviour. If no charges are brought then he comes out and apologises for putting himself in that position at that time of night and letting down his teammates, family etc. etc. then we can draw a line under it and all get on with our lives.

For the record, and I'm not condoning what he done, but I'd rather have our best cricketer rolling around after owa much to drink taking no shite off a couple of knob heads than posting shite of himself on twitter showing how he'd flown his hairdresser half way round the world to get a haircut (a la Deli Ali).

It’s really not that black or white.
Not being funny but why? If in the eyes of the law of the land his actions where not criminal then they where justified under the circumstances.
I have not watched the video and have no intention of doing so but no matter how unsavoury it may look if he is not charged then the legal system of yhis country have made a decision his actions where justified.

Not being funny but why? If in the eyes of the law of the land his actions where not criminal then they where justified under the circumstances.
I have not watched the video and have no intention of doing so but no matter how unsavoury it may look if he is not charged then the legal system of yhis country have made a decision his actions where justified.
Because there is a difference between going out for a few drinks when it has been allowed by management and getting into a fight that ends up all over the press. Whether he is charged or not is irrelevant to whether he should have ended up in that situation

Not guilty by law does not mean you haven’t done something bloody stupid

He's a young lad who has had a bit knock when on a night out and confronted by a few knob heads.

We castigate our sportsmen for being out of touch with the real world then when they appear normal we're apoplectic with our judgements. He's just been caught up in something I'm sure a fair few of us on here got caught up in when we were younger. Yes he's a professional sportsman (as some will argue) but he's also human.

FFS it's gone on for years man and it's only this bloody social media and big brother technology that brings these things to the attention of the media when in the past they would've gone unnoticed and unreported.

The lad made a mistake and has had his name branded all over the front pages for his behaviour. If no charges are brought then he comes out and apologises for putting himself in that position at that time of night and letting down his teammates, family etc. etc. then we can draw a line under it and all get on with our lives.

For the record, and I'm not condoning what he done, but I'd rather have our best cricketer rolling around after owa much to drink taking no shite off a couple of knob heads than posting shite of himself on twitter showing how he'd flown his hairdresser half way round the world to get a haircut (a la Deli Ali).

Lamping people on a night out is classed as being in touch with the real world nowadays? :lol::lol:

I think it’s the fact that Stokes is still likely to have a successful career and earn a fortune after this event that puts sports stars out of touch with reality. In a lot of lines of work this type of thing would result in dismissal

Edit: that isn’t Stokes fault by the way. He’s just lucky that he’ll still have a career. That’s just the way it is.

He was an out of control lunatic and carried out a pretty prolonged attack. Let's at least be honest about this. It wasn't a daft little scuffle where he was arguing the toss with someone and threw a punch in anger.

Because there is a difference between going out for a few drinks when it has been allowed by management and getting into a fight that ends up all over the press. Whether he is charged or not is irrelevant to whether he should have ended up in that situation

Not guilty by law does not mean you haven’t done something bloody stupid
So if you punch someone and in the eyes of the law you are not guilty of a criminal offence then you must have some justification such as protecting yourself or others. Yes it probably would have been better for most of us if they had have walked away but not sure the two lads he was apparently protecting would think that. Sorry but if the decision is no further action then it moves the goalpost in a big way as far as any disciplinary action by the ECB

So if you punch someone and in the eyes of the law you are not guilty of a criminal offence then you must have some justification such as protecting yourself or others. Yes it probably would have been better for most of us if they had have walked away but not sure the two lads he was apparently protecting would think that. Sorry but if the decision is no further action then it moves the goalpost in a big way as far as any disciplinary action by the ECB
I strongly disagree. Criminal law is different to civil law to start with. Which is different to standards of behaviour

He was an out of control lunatic and carried out a pretty prolonged attack. Let's at least be honest about this. It wasn't a daft little scuffle where he was arguing the toss with someone and threw a punch in anger.

He's done wrong, there's no denying that and I'm sure he'd be the first to say that, but is what happened really that bad????? Couple of lads get necky and receive a bit more than they bargained for in return?

Just think we're starting to make a bit more of it than is necessary too be honest. He's had his punishment as far as I'm concerned by having his name publicly dragged through the mud for all his family and friends to see. He'll have been devastated and felt a right twat while this has been going no doubt. Lets not forget these two lads he's had a go at aren't exactly innocent either.

Time to move on once no further charges are brought imo. Doubt the Aussie public will see it that way mind you!!!!

Mind I do feel for him in that the video that we've all seen is now there for all to see online forever and will rear its head from time to time no doubt as well. Probably starting next week Down Under thinking about it.

If the police take no further action and the ECB have an internal disciplinary hearing then surely Stokes should recieve the same punishment as the other players out that night two of which Bairstow and Ball are in the Ashes squad and ready to play in the 1st test.

Not quite the same though marra, the other lads were having a drink and causing no bother whatsoever whilst off duty.

People lose their jobs for things like that

He's committed no crime, if you want to try and sack someone for that then good luck.

He's had trial by newspaper and been suspended from his job, which Barry Public would not have done, and the police are taking far longer to sort this out than they would have for me or you. He's been made a special case, which wouldn't have happened if he wasn't famous.

Rumours are there'll be something tomorrow.

He's committed no crime, if you want to try and sack someone for that then good luck.

He's had trial by newspaper and been suspended from his job, which Barry Public would not have done, and the police are taking far longer to sort this out than they would have for me or you. He's been made a special case, which wouldn't have happened if he wasn't famous.

Rumours are there'll be something tomorrow.
First part is correct

Second part is nonsense. You know how slow this normally is right?

First part is correct

Second part is nonsense. You know how slow this normally is right?

Very much so, the missus used to cover these every week. If they hadn't just been split up and sent away on the night (which is what usually happens), they would have been hauled in to accept a caution then that's the end of it. We're now two months after the event and no word of whether anyone is going to be charged or not, it's highly unusual.

Very much so, the missus used to cover these every week. If they hadn't just been split up and sent away on the night (which is what usually happens), they would have been hauled in to accept a caution then that's the end of it. We're now two months after the event and no word of whether anyone is going to be charged or not, it's highly unusual.
He sparked him. It was hardly a scuffle

If I sparked a lad out on video and it appeared on the front page of a national paper I'd be sacked, no ifs or buts. Regardless of police charges. Stokes is lucky he is employed at a level where people want to keep him in a job. If he was Joe public he would have been peddled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back