Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's over a 1000 posts on this, all of which I haven't read, so apologies if it's already been mentioned but for the CPS to prosecute Stokes, as well as needing sufficient evidence to provide a "realistic prospect of conviction" (meaning the magistrates will be more likely than not to convict) it must also be in the public interest. To use the analogy of something happening at work. I know someone who stole money (£400) from a client, the matter was reported to the police and the guy was sacked. The police later said it wasn't in the public interest to prosecute because of the action of his employers and the fact the money was returned.

I'm thinking if it wasn't for Stokes's status and the imminent Ashes, the ECB would have issued their sanction by now which would no doubt speed up the CPS decision. I'm wondering if the ECB and the CPS are just waiting for the other to take the plunge.

There's over a 1000 posts on this, all of which I haven't read, so apologies if it's already been mentioned but for the CPS to prosecute Stokes, as well as needing sufficient evidence to provide a "realistic prospect of conviction" (meaning the magistrates will be more likely than not to convict) it must also be in the public interest. To use the analogy of something happening at work. I know someone who stole money (£400) from a client, the matter was reported to the police and the guy was sacked. The police later said it wasn't in the public interest to prosecute because of the action of his employers and the fact the money was returned.

I'm thinking if it wasn't for Stokes's status and the imminent Ashes, the ECB would have issued their sanction by now which would no doubt speed up the CPS decision. I'm wondering if the ECB and the CPS are just waiting for the other to take the plunge.
The ECB cant really win. They should be waiting for the judgement of the CPS.

Are you famous? Cause if like me, your an absolute f***ing nobody, why would you appear on a national newspapers front page?

Furthermore, what do you do for work and who employs you? It's been mentioned, but sparking someone out matters not, in terms of employment law, if you aren't charged/convicted. I'm fairly certain that if a firm sacked you, without having been convicted, you'd be pretty much guaranteed to win at a tribunal.

Poor Shiv Thakor hasn't got a leg to stand on though. Shame cos he was a canny pointer in the Fantasy League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42071268

BREAKING: Avon & Somerset Police confirm investigation into incident involving Ben Stokes outside a Bristol nightclub has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service for a decision on charging. #SSN

Surely that means they think he has done something to warrant a prosecution ?

If the other bloke has a broken eye socket surely it's A/GBH ?? If so he has nee chance of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back