Hairdryers

If you lift the top section up and clip it, then dry the underneath and let a section more down, it's quicker. My daughter has long thick hair so I do that with hers. Or make her have a shower after tea and let it dry naturally as she doesn't like the hairdryer but it takes about 3 hours to dry that way.
I don’t know what that means. Clip it with what? I’ve been drying it since she was born and normally just blast away while I post on here.

I have never owned a hairdryer...
Seriously? Even I used to get mine dried when I was a kid.

I don't own an iron either and until a few weeks ago I didn't have a big mirror for years

We would line up and my dad would take a towel to us. My poor ears.

I do have these towels with a button loop and I wrap them round my hair after I shower to take off most of the wet.
No iron?
How does that work out?

I don’t know what that means. Clip it with what? I’ve been drying it since she was born and normally just blast away while I post on here.

A hair clip! Here's a picture as it's easier than explaining! I separate my daughters into three layers and blast the bottom layer, then let the middle layer down, then the top later. It just find it quicker doing it that way than drying it all at once. I don't use a brush like in the picture though and just run my fingers through it as I'm drying it.

Logon or register to see this image

Seriously? Even I used to get mine dried when I was a kid.

Dave they are called butterfly clips, a bit like a bull dog clip that you would use the in the office but these are plastic and come in bonnie colours , you would just gather some of the bairns hair at the crown and clip it up above her ears and dry the hair underneath

A hair clip! Here's a picture as it's easier than explaining! I separate my daughters into three layers and blast the bottom layer, then let the middle layer down, then the top later. It just find it quicker doing it that way than drying it all at once. I don't use a brush like in the picture though and just run my fingers through it as I'm drying it.

Logon or register to see this image
Don't show him that man, I can see Dave getting it all matted in a circular brush - we've all done it ! :lol:.

That's why I said no brush as yes I've done it :lol:

Also had to extract a twirly Barbie curler thing out of my hair when the bairn was playing with it and got it all tangled up :lol:
That reminds me of the time me Dad lost the business parts of his Bobby Charlton style combover to a curly brush that my sister had been bought.

She’d wound the long bit up in the curler and was too scared to tell him that it was stuck so, kept on twisting and turning it until it got totally tied up in there.

In the end he made her cut it out with the kitchen scissors.

Back