Had a tick hanging out of my leg..

Years ago, we found one in the youngun's hair. It was the size of your little fingernail, so had been there for a bit as we had been larking about up the Dale the day before. Took him to A&E at Dryburn in Durham and they recommended we take him to a Vet!!! (Not kidding btw)
We took him home because I've got a little extractor for taking them off the dog, but it must have bailed out 'cos we couldn't find the bugger. If they jump off or come out clean there is no problem, but if they get distressed they vomit into your bloodstream through the proboscis, and that's where the bother starts.
You've got another leg! ;)

Carry tick tweezers or a tick card and how to remove them horrible little shits they are.
My dog had one a few years back. We thought it was a skin tag until the vet plucked it off and there it was, it`s little legs waving in the air and huge bulbous body full of blood. Yeuch. When I was a kid and we went the Lake District we were always playing in the bracken and never knew about ticks and stuff but years later I found out that`s one of the places they thrive. It`s a miracle I never got bitten

Just got out of the shower and thought there was a little scab on the bottom of my leg, pulled it off and the little bugger started walking round my hand. We've been to Arran and did a bit of walking but left on Saturday, I think it's been there since at least Friday. Am I going to die?
It only wanted a bit scran bless it.

My dog had one a few years back. We thought it was a skin tag until the vet plucked it off and there it was, it`s little legs waving in the air and huge bulbous body full of blood. Yeuch. When I was a kid and we went the Lake District we were always playing in the bracken and never knew about ticks and stuff but years later I found out that`s one of the places they thrive. It`s a miracle I never got bitten
My mate had one on his back and only knew when he was offshore some medic type gadgie gouged it out for him

Back