Gyms closing - Home Workouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which app mate ?
There’s a few freeletics apps

could do with some sort of programme to try keep fit as have zero motivation at moment
It was the ‘freeletics - personal trainer’ one mate - the logos a white hexagon with a black line on the left side. The main thrust is paid packages of training and/or nutrition however there’s plenty free content on there including filters for routines that require no equipment (basically body weight exercises )👍👍

Bought a bar and weights from someone off of Facebook for £40 yesterday - said people were offering him more than double that after I'd 'reserved' it. Mental.
I hadn’t taken my setup off Gumtree after I sold it and I had 5 enquiries in 3 hours on Monday evening last week after having had one person contact me in the whole time since I listed it.

I’m totally regretting selling now. Me and my daughter are going to do daily HIIT but my strength work is going to suffer significantly. I’d been making good progress as well.

I was planning to continue with a push-pull-legs variant at home but I struggle to motivate myself when I cannot attend a gym.

I might have a rest/recovery week to allow niggling pains to heal, instead I can walk/jog with the dog etc.

Press ups, pull ups, chins, dips are fine but I get a bit bored with high reps.

I might go back to cross country running until gyms are on limit.
How many can you do like? I've just started body weight stuff a few months ago and can do chin up 3 x 4, dips 4 x 4, push ups 10 x 4. I can do 1 x 3 clap push ups. Got that Convict Conditioning book on PDF so will crack on with that too. PM if anyone wants I'm happy to email it.

How many can you do like? I've just started body weight stuff a few months ago and can do chin up 3 x 4, dips 4 x 4, push ups 10 x 4. I can do 1 x 3 clap push ups. Got that Convict Conditioning book on PDF so will crack on with that too. PM if anyone wants I'm happy to email it.
Not loads, I spent last year trying to do monkey bars, callisthenics, body weight.

I would do monkey bars x2, 4x10 of alternate pulls/chins, 4x10 triceps dips, then sprinting.

I couldn’t be arsed with doing weighted dips or anything too fancy.

I was a lot lighter though, 65kg.

Set up a d.i.y circuit in my back garden with our lass. Got one of them Tabata timer apps, so its 2 minutes on, 30 seconds rest, and recording how many reps we do. Using my bike and turbo stand, logs for weights, the garden path for running drills. So far doing-

Bike
Skipping
Squats
Press ups
Sit ups
Planks
Squats
Lunges
Burpees
Should raises

Been charged by PureGym today even though the gym is shut. Canny shit as I only didn't freeze my account due to a message from them on Twitter saying I wouldn't be charged. Raised this with them via DM on Twitter and got a stock response that didn't even cover what I'd asked them. Pretty disappointing all things considered.

Set up a d.i.y circuit in my back garden with our lass. Got one of them Tabata timer apps, so its 2 minutes on, 30 seconds rest, and recording how many reps we do. Using my bike and turbo stand, logs for weights, the garden path for running drills. So far doing-

Bike
Skipping
Squats
Press ups
Sit ups
Planks
Squats
Lunges
Burpees
Should raises
tunstall has gone OTT , will last 4 days ;)

... but my strength work is going to suffer significantly. I’d been making good progress as well.
Me too, I have some weights at home but I cannot motivate myself to use them.

I went for a run yesterday and will run tomorrow. For a few months I can do a ‘cut’ as I had put on a little fat as well as muscle.

They are hopeless mate. A York barbell that isn’t Olympic size, and with a screw on end cap. I bought the set from Argos about 20 years ago.
Exactly the same as the ones I got my mam and dad to dig out the garage for me at the weekend !! Been using them in the garage (limited space like) but I’m making do. Did a little leg sesh yesterday and hurting today so must be doing something right !!

This is what I've done this week. I've made it up like, but it was pretty tough. Are there any exercises that can be replaced or removed?

Press ups 5 X 10
Pulls (I've wedged 2 dressing down cords into the top of a bedroom door with a knot in each) 5 X 15
Dips 5 X 12
Squats 5 X 20
Sit ups 5 X 10

Number of reps chosen because at that number on the first set it was getting close to being tough. All done with 45 secs break in between.

It's knackering!!

I plan to up the reps by 1 per set each week.

I've then been doing an hour on the bike at night.

I figure now is a good time to try and shift some weight.
Edit: Forgot to add that they're all bodyweight. I've got no kit here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back