Gyms closing - Home Workouts?

I was planning to continue with a push-pull-legs variant at home but I struggle to motivate myself when I cannot attend a gym.

I might have a rest/recovery week to allow niggling pains to heal, instead I can walk/jog with the dog etc.

Press ups, pull ups, chins, dips are fine but I get a bit bored with high reps.

I might go back to cross country running until gyms are on limit.

Last edited:

Still doing boxing, was packed as well. Just can't use their gloves etc which are in the box for those without them.

I've got these in the house for home workouts, really good and take up no space which is a bonus.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Just turn the cog on the end and it changes weights for you in an instance, saves having to fuck about putting weights on bars and shit. Straight into your next exercise.
I’ve got the same ones, good bit of kit
Any recommendations for a folding bench and bar set 😂
Strength shop stuff is really good

Last edited:
Thankfully being a runner I have the great outdoors to exercise in. That being said I can't do it 7 days a week so I'm taking some gear to my mates and he's gunna train with me, never done any sort of weight training so if there was ever a time to start it's now.

@percy welcome to mine mate if your gym is closed. Got a bench and them dumbbells in the garage. Setting up anchor point for my TRX and punch bag bracket tomorrow to mix it up.

Some people still not getting it. Just seen on social media one of the juicers from the gym asking ‘are any gyms staying open’. Ffs sake mate switch yourself on please !!!

Some people still not getting it. Just seen on social media one of the juicers from the gym asking ‘are any gyms staying open’. Ffs sake mate switch yourself on please !!!
I am going to cancel my gym membership, it can be frozen for a month but this bother isn’t going to end soon.
Edit: the gym group have frozen all payments.

We want to reassure all our members that you won’t pay for your membership whilst your gym is closed. We have frozen all membership payments.

Last edited:
I am going to cancel my gym membership, it can be frozen for a month but this bother isn’t going to end soon.
Edit: the gym group have frozen all payments.

We want to reassure all our members that you won’t pay for your membership whilst your gym is closed. We have frozen all membership payments.
JD have frozen membership as well 👍

email from pure suspending payments too
It's a lifetime ago now almost, but was seriously into weights and bodybuilding as a young'un, training at Stu Hansen's place in Silky mainly.

This whole situation got me thinking that you become so into-it, to the exclusion of everything else, when if you miss a a single workout you get into a state about it; people unable to train for at least several months gonna raise some serious psychological issues i reckon.

Last edited:
email from pure suspending payments too
It's a lifetime ago now almost, but was seriously into weights and bodybuilding as a young'un, training at Stu Hansen's place in Silky mainly.

This whole situation got me thinking that you become so into-it, to the exclusion of everything else, when if you miss a a single workout you get into a state about it; people unable to train for at least several months gonna raise some serious psychological issues i reckon.
Aye I can see that happening . People so concerned about how they look are going to be in a state of panic over not being able to train properly . Especially if they’re in the middle of a cycle ...

Along with my running I intend to do few 7 minute workouts in the house. Will try to get skipping ropes out when I can to. As far a weights are concerned its amazing what you can achieve by turning it into a game with a 4yo. Come here son so your dad can bench press you from the floor, upward rolls etc etc :lol:

I never took mine yesterday to Hetton for his lesson. Somehow just didn't feel right to take him. I'm surprised the decision to close hasn't been took out there hands tbh

Cant believe it's not shut like....definitely the right call.
Been loving the rowing machine recently. Anybody know where you can hire one from and the likely cost?

My local gym has offered me one of there's. I might take them up on the offer. Especially if the weather turns to shite and I can't get out on the bike.
I was hammering it after Christmas and putting in about 40km a week on it along with a couple of weights circuits.

Last edited:
Can't even run or train outdoors in Italy now.

Going to really miss the gym. I will run most days but that'll change my body a fair bit. Can't be bothered with makeshift stuff at home - would need a fair bit of kit to keep me satisfied.

I downloaded the freeletics app and there’s a good few free workouts on there but I did my own which is this mate :
Press ups
Mountain climbers
Leg raises
Squats
Star jumps
And do 30 reps of each then 30 sec rest after you’ve completed the full set of exercises then go through it again but reduce the reps to 20, then 10 then back to 30 - 10 rounds in all is a good half hour workout .
I’m going to just do a few of these kind of sessions with different exercises. It’s trial and error really cos my first idea was to do 10 rounds and keep it at 30 reps without reducing it to 20 then 10. That was slightly over ambitious on my part !!!
Which app mate ?
There’s a few freeletics apps

could do with some sort of programme to try keep fit as have zero motivation at moment

Going to order a bench and some free weights. A pull up bar is a god send at the minute, but haven't got anything for my chest aside from thousands of push ups! Going to do a few hundred tomorrow morning.

eBay have offered me £5 off a £10 spend so I’ve just bought myself a 10kg slam ball for £16. I’ve got a step, a 5kg kettle bell and some resistance bands so hopefully I can get a daily 20min HIIT circuit going using a combo of these, body weight exercises and the kids trampoline.

Back