Gym pet hates

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who don't put the Dumbbells back , just leave them on the floor, seems a common trend with the Geordie shore wannabees - boils my piss - Talkin of piss, blokes shavin their chests in the bogs enall

do you put yourself on there, you know, one for the ladies?

Personal trainers who know fuck all and just sit next to a client and say 'come one push it'

Young boxers who say 'bop bop' between every sentence

I'll add piss weak personal trainers who are trying to teach movements that they are still novices on themselves.

People working out in big groups, e.g. 4 of them. Split into two pairs ffs! 3 is a bit stupid as well.

People not replacing equipment when they're finished, even if someone has already asked them to use something after they're done with it.

Others getting so close in the changing room they're practically on top of you.

Gossip sessions on the mats in the ladies only area, particularly if it involves discussing what they're getting from the Chinese after they finish sitting around burning no calories whatsoever.

People who absolutely stink in a way that makes it impossible to breathe near them without wanting to gag.

When they change the TV channels so I can't wait Pointless and/or The Chase while I do cardio.

People coming in groups of 4 or 5 is my main hate like. The weights area is pretty small and once 8 people are in it is pretty rammed and there is hardly any space to move around in and if i'm in and 4 of these cn uts are in then it doesn't take many more to make it overcrowded. Usual not serious lifters, normally just sixth formers playing on their phones, looking at 'lad bible' videos etc. I train on my own, and i can understand why you would want to train with someone for motivation and to spot on the bigger lifts, 3 at a push, but when you are in a group of 4 and 5 it is literally just a social gathering and when there is limited space i find this pretty inconsiderate.

People working out in big groups, e.g. 4 of them. Split into two pairs ffs! 3 is a bit stupid as well.

People not replacing equipment when they're finished, even if someone has already asked them to use something after they're done with it.

Others getting so close in the changing room they're practically on top of you.

Gossip sessions on the mats in the ladies only area, particularly if it involves discussing what they're getting from the Chinese after they finish sitting around burning no calories whatsoever.

People who absolutely stink in a way that makes it impossible to breathe near them without wanting to gag.

When they change the TV channels so I can't wait Pointless and/or The Chase while I do cardio.

Yep, this.

I'm not texting mate I'm cruising Instagram.
Alreet Dom lad?

People who talk too much, it don't mind having a bit crack but when you keep talking and I keep putting my headphones in and out to pretend to care what you're saying then take the hint.

Other than that everyone is spot on at my gym really.

Aye, there's this mid 40's bloke at my gym who will be in the gym everyday for nearly 2 hours (he's always there when i get in and looks in no hurry to leave when i do) and makes a point to talk to everyone just for the sake of it. He will shout across the room if he is on a bike etc. He also randomly spots people who don;t ask for it. He once did this to me when i was doing dumbbell shoulder presses - comes and stands in my way blocking my view of the mirror - i wasn't best pleased and he hasn;t done it since :lol:. But it's just shit football talk, especially during sets. He means well, and he's not a really a bad bloke, but he is so annoying.

Last edited:
People coming in groups of 4 or 5 is my main hate like. The weights area is pretty small and once 8 people are in it is pretty rammed and there is hardly any space to move around in and if i'm in and 4 of these cn uts are in then it doesn't take many more to make it overcrowded. Usual not serious lifters, normally just sixth formers playing on their phones, looking at 'lad bible' videos etc. I train on my own, and i can understand why you would want to train with someone for motivation and to spot on the bigger lifts, 3 at a push, but when you are in a group of 4 and 5 it is literally just a social gathering and when there is limited space i find this pretty inconsiderate.

Yep, this.

Alreet Dom lad?

Aye, there's this mid 40's bloke at my gym who will be in the gym everyday for nearly 2 hours (he's always there when i get in and looks in no hurry to leave when i do) and makes a point to talk to everyone just for the sake of it. He will shout across the room if he is on a bike etc. He also randomly spots people who don;t ask for it. He once did this to me when i was doing dumbbell shoulder presses - comes and stands in my way blocking my view of the mirror - i wasn't best pleased and he hasn;t done it since :lol:. But it's just shit football talk, especially during sets. He means well, and he's not a really a bad bloke, but he is so annoying.

Tonight there was 5 of us squatting, but it's not in the free-weight area and afterwards people split up for accessory work. But to be fair, everybody was doing something; 1 back spotter, 2 side spotters and somebody operating the monolift. When in it's in small free-weight areas it's f***ing infuriating though.

Tonight there was 5 of us squatting, but it's not in the free-weight area and afterwards people split up for accessory work. But to be fair, everybody was doing something; 1 back spotter, 2 side spotters and somebody operating the monolift. When in it's in small free-weight areas it's f***ing infuriating though.

You're in a serious gym using a monolift and I'm assuming you were training with one of the best power lifters in the world who absolutely needs three spotters and also happens to own the gym :lol:

Very different situation to what others are on about!

Yeah it's not an exaggeration it really is a small space and tbh if it was a fellow serious lifter like yourself with like minded people then it probably wouldn't have bothered me :lol: it was just the fact that they were young'uns pissing around. The gym is like £40 a month and is pretty average but there is just no real alternatives which is annoying. I often go on my lunch breaks - I would hate to go in St half 5 after work like.

You're in a serious gym using a monolift and I'm assuming you were training with one of the best power lifters in the world who absolutely needs three spotters and also happens to own the gym :lol:

Very different situation to what others are on about!

I was trying to highlight that even though that's the case we don't do accessory work in crowded areas in the same group and split up to be considerate, unlike arseholes in question ;)

But yes and he hit 370 single tonight making it look piss :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's the obvious one of people not using towels. Aye alreet mate I'll just clean ya sweat up you filthy bassa. The big one for me though is the meat heads on the free weights who do their reps then slam their weights down. Pretty sure there's a rule against this but I was there the other night and everyone was doing it. It winds me right up and I'd have a word with them about it but
a) I'm proper scrawny by comparison and most of them could crush me with their little finger, and
b) There was that many doing it, it'd be hard to do without losing my rag in front of everyone and looking like I'm having a proper melt down! Other gripes include saying they're 'using' one of the benches, but in reality are just stood about chatting to their mate like a bunch of lasses.
So you dont like to associate with other gym users and feel intimidated enough not to be able to approach them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back