Gym pet hates

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the obvious one of people not using towels. Aye alreet mate I'll just clean ya sweat up you filthy bassa. The big one for me though is the meat heads on the free weights who do their reps then slam their weights down. Pretty sure there's a rule against this but I was there the other night and everyone was doing it. It winds me right up and I'd have a word with them about it but
a) I'm proper scrawny by comparison and most of them could crush me with their little finger, and
b) There was that many doing it, it'd be hard to do without losing my rag in front of everyone and looking like I'm having a proper melt down! Other gripes include saying they're 'using' one of the benches, but in reality are just stood about chatting to their mate like a bunch of lasses.

2 of them are mine also ( standing about in a group taking f***ing ages to use a bench, and slamming the weights down like a ****)

Also, people invading your space I.E if your doing dumbell flys on a bench and some **** goes on the one next and does them aswell so your arms are basically touching during sets. Amateur bellends.

Nowt wrong with slamming weights on a deadlift. Stupid when using dumbbells and that though

When ya doing bench presses and some roid heed walks past and balances his water bottle on ya forehead.

2 of them are mine also ( standing about in a group taking f***ing ages to use a bench, and slamming the weights down like a ****)

Also, people invading your space I.E if your doing dumbell flys on a bench and some **** goes on the one next and does them aswell so your arms are basically touching during sets. Amateur bellends.

:lol: See that loads

There's the obvious one of people not using towels. Aye alreet mate I'll just clean ya sweat up you filthy bassa. The big one for me though is the meat heads on the free weights who do their reps then slam their weights down. Pretty sure there's a rule against this but I was there the other night and everyone was doing it. It winds me right up and I'd have a word with them about it but
a) I'm proper scrawny by comparison and most of them could crush me with their little finger, and
b) There was that many doing it, it'd be hard to do without losing my rag in front of everyone and looking like I'm having a proper melt down! Other gripes include saying they're 'using' one of the benches, but in reality are just stood about chatting to their mate like a bunch of lasses.

Which exercise is this on?

If it's deadlifts and your gym has a rule against it then it's a shite gym. Sorry about that.

Re: benches, is asking to work in not an option?

Gym hates:

- Sexual grunting noises. Yes some people make noise and I don't mind that. I do mind if your 'grunt' sounds like you're blowing a load though.
- Exercises in the squat rack that are not squats or rack pulls of some sort. Even shoulder press can be done by just sticking some pegs on the outside of the rack so you're not occupying the only safe place for squatting. If people ask to use the outside of the rack for press I always say yes.
- Hanging round benches/squat racks etc' in groups of 4/5. Excessive rest time, bruh?
- Cross trainers
- Treadmills
- Any cardio equipment that provides a form of exercise that isn't otherwise prohibitively expensive. Which means ergs and spin bikes are acceptable.
- People faffing around with the strongman equipment with no purpose. Look, you failed to flip the large tyre on your previous 5 attempts so do you really need to spend another 10 minutes trying it? Also, the floor isn't slippy so stop using that as an excuse.

Always drop deads, the only time i've ever tweaked my back while doing deads is putting it back down, so now it gets dropped. Makes a canny clatter even with bumper plates and rubbing matting down.

Also, pendlay rows come down with a canny clatter anarl.

Happy to say I have none at my new gym, all full of decent gym goers.

People who talk too much, it don't mind having a bit crack but when you keep talking and I keep putting my headphones in and out to pretend to care what you're saying then take the hint.

Other than that everyone is spot on at my gym really.

People who talk too much, it don't mind having a bit crack but when you keep talking and I keep putting my headphones in and out to pretend to care what you're saying then take the hint.

Other than that everyone is spot on at my gym really.

Christ, I had that the other day with some 40 year old bloke who had been working in with me on deadlifts. He'd followed me up to my second working set and then when I went further than that kept going on about how impressed he was given how long I've been lifting. Literally crouching down to take my grip and he was still going on :lol:

Christ, I had that the other day with some 40 year old bloke who had been working in with me on deadlifts. He'd followed me up to my second working set and then when I went further than that kept going on about how impressed he was given how long I've been lifting. Literally crouching down to take my grip and he was still going on :lol:
The admiration you get is frustrating like :cool:

Gyms that don't have any other type of rack than a squat rack so everyone doing squats, shoulder press & bench press using the same rack.
Smith machines - just why? They might as well have another squat rack there or a separate rack for bench/shoulder press.
People who use Smith machines, but still only do what's left of the exercise movements half arsed.
People who drive to the gym just to run on a treadmill even in good weather.

Two guys chatting at the piss pots as I emptied my water bottle, then shook off and walked straight out of the toilet/changing room into the gym floor (exercise4less) the f***ing dirty bastards. It's why I carry that antibacterial hand wash gel in my gym bag for after I've touched those weights.

Two guys chatting at the piss pots as I emptied my water bottle, then shook off and walked straight out of the toilet/changing room into the gym floor (exercise4less) the f***ing dirty bastards. It's why I carry that antibacterial hand wash gel in my gym bag for after I've touched those weights.

Tbh there's far worse on bars/handles than a bit piss/cock germs.

Tbh there's far worse on bars/handles than a bit piss/cock germs.

It's just a numbers game innit ?

3,000 people a month, 500 go to the toilet before the gym, 200 take a shit, 50 don't wash afterwards, 10 of them have shit on their fingers/hands.

... and you're right, there's tons more "other" material on those bars, out of those 3,000 monthly visitors how many don't wash after a workout then go and eat a sandwich for dinner :eek:

It's just a numbers game innit ?

3,000 people a month, 500 go to the toilet before the gym, 200 take a shit, 50 don't wash afterwards, 10 of them have shit on their fingers/hands.

... and you're right, there's tons more "other" material on those bars, out of those 3,000 monthly visitors how many don't wash after a workout then go and eat a sandwich for dinner :eek:

Actually it's a fairly good reason to use liquid chalk that. Seeing as comes suspended in ethanol it gives your hands a good wesh when applied!

Personal trainers who know fuck all and just sit next to a client and say 'come one push it'

Young boxers who say 'bop bop' between every sentence

blokes who look as though they've spent longer getting ready to go to gym than they actually spend in there.
blokes constantly texting, for frig sake the world will still turn even if you put your comms down for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back