Guaranteed defeat coming Saturday

Guaranteed we going get humped off Wycombe Saturday. Our season is heading into free fall.

Wow, do you take the same approach to everything in your life? Must be a laugh a minute if you do!

I'm going for 3-1 to The Lads and lift off for the new gaffer.

Ross gave the impression that he was a rather subdued person. I have never know a promotion at this Club when there has not been a real buzz about the place and a lot of self belief that we were the best team and we were going to be promoted.

If the new manager can bring only that to the team I am sure that we will do very well. There is no reason why Parkinson can't start it tomorrow even after just 2 days of being in charge - "New Manager Bounce" and all that. I am confident of a win.

Guaranteed we going get humped off Wycombe Saturday. Our season is heading into free fall.
Nice one, Mr Motivator. I said: "Hwuh! Awha!".
Ross gave the impression that he was a rather subdued person. I have never know a promotion at this Club when there has not been a real buzz about the place and a lot of self belief that we were the best team and we were going to be promoted.

If the new manager can bring only that to the team I am sure that we will do very well. There is no reason why Parkinson can't start it tomorrow even after just 2 days of being in charge - "New Manager Bounce" and all that. I am confident of a win.
So lang as it's not a dead cat bounce, m'lud.

Anar nowt and what anar ye towt us, burravgorra feeling in me watta that Parky dizzent give us any malarkey & he's ganna dee us proud. We shall see. I've joined up. I'm in the Parky Army. Others may need to be conscripted... Each tivizarn....

Last edited:
I am very wary of the concept of people expecting a manager to do well at all clubs on the basis of only one or two. He will encounter different players who will respond in different ways. They will probably require a different formation to the one he most used at his big successes. He will be given different amounts to spend. You cannot say he will do well for us because he did well at Bolton Wanderers or Colchester United. We are not Bolton. We are not Colchester. He will massively vary his successes from club to club.

But I would NEVER say he was a bad appointment by the club. I would never say it was underwhelming. I would say on the whole it a very good one for the level we are at and for the job we need him to do. I just don't buy as much as most people do the idea that exactly the same kind of success at all clubs is a constant.

Back