Ground Coffee - Websites?

I use a De'Longhi Magnifica: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-M...&keywords=delonghi+bean+to+cup+coffee+machine

Never seen the price as high as it currently is on Amazon, it was at least £100 less when I got it 5 years back, but it hasn't missed a beat in all that time.
Was round at a mates house this week, and they used this machine. Have to say, I was impressed at the coffee. I checked out the price though, and gave it a miss. I’ll stick to my stainless steel drip method.

I’m going to go left field and recommend Aldi’s beans here. The Italian blend does a lovely strong but not bitter shot in my De’Longhi bean to cup machine.

Adjust it to max for me and turn it down for the missus. Perfect.

The sister in law is over from San Francisco where they inhabit all these hipster coffee places and rates our coffee up there with them so that’ll do me.

I’ll add to the mix the espresso beans from..IKEA!

Surprised me, very nice!

Other than that, coffee direct or pumphreys in grainier market.

Always buy beans as well and grind them when you want to use them. Avoid pre ground as the flavours already been largely lost!

I’ll add to the mix the espresso beans from..IKEA!

Surprised me, very nice!

Other than that, coffee direct or pumphreys in grainier market.

Always buy beans as well and grind them when you want to use them. Avoid pre ground as the flavours already been largely lost!
The IKEA ones are ok but give the Aldi ones a shot and let me know your thoughts.

Have no coffee roasting places established in Sunderland yet ?

Always liked Pumphrey's while up in the North East.

Currently use an Aeropress. I am the only coffee drinker in the house, and for the amount I drink can't justify a coffee to bean machine. I also enjoy the ritual of grinding the beans and creating the brew. It is like a meditation.

Currently use an Aeropress. I am the only coffee drinker in the house, and for the amount I drink can't justify a coffee to bean machine. I also enjoy the ritual of grinding the beans and creating the brew. It is like a meditation.
Coffee to bean sounds interesting - backwards meditation?

The IKEA ones are ok but give the Aldi ones a shot and let me know your thoughts.

Will give them a whirl mate.

Always end up going back to illy.

Loved monsoon malabar from coffee direct but the beans are oily so eventually messed up old machine! Tried beans of the same name from pumphreys in Newcastle; rank! Not even close.

Any recommendations for good service, quality and prices?

Has Bean Coffee — Hasbean

TBH though, my favourite ground coffee I've had in the last few years is available in supermarkets...

Logon or register to see this image

The Aeropress is a f***ing brilliant invention.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for good service, quality and prices?
I use Pact coffee to get my ground stuff, they do the perfect grind for my Aeropress that I use at work
I just buy beans in bulk off amazon for my bean-to-cup at home usually a tenner for a kilo bag

Has Bean Coffee — Hasbean

TBH though, my favourite ground coffee I've had in the last few years is available in supermarkets...

The Aeropress is a f***ing brilliant invention.
Second this, ideal for having at work

Aer:cool:press

Last edited:
Tesco Sumatran beans are nice, as are Waitrose espresso beans and Monsoon Malabar.

I've tried loads and keep going back to these over ones that cost far more.

Pumphreys do some nice ones mind.

you're much better in using an online service that roast beans to order. Even after having the same bag for about a month I can notice the difference, you get less crema on an espresso the older they are. Supermarket beans must have been roasted months before you buy them.

Back