Grim lloking pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to live not too far away from this one when I lived in Edinburgh.
Logon or register to see this image

Also, this one closer to where I currently live:
There’s been at least one murder within 50ft of their in the last 10 years, and of course it’s the source of this crackers news story:
That’s my local! :lol: Never been in like.

Was trying to find a picture of the glebe before it got torn down/fell over, came across this sit which while unrelated might be of interest...

Cheers mate, that was a trip down memory lane for a lad who grew up just off Trimdon Street. Right next to the Caledonian.

Had my first pint in the Villiers, wearing my school uniform. :lol:

Part of the whole thing though. I dread to think what the Eden Bar is like these days. Whole thing looks a mess. Obviously it’ll get to the point when it’s dropping to bits beyond repair and it’ll come down.
Was in there last summer. Grim and that was just the clientele.

Real characters in there who will interrogate you if you stay more than 1 pint. Never really felt threatened in there just very uneasy.

It was a point of sale audit I was doing - measuring poster frames and stuff for future promotions. I went early morning thing it would be quiet but it was quite busy. Got interrogated by customers and some creepy comments, so I didn't feel comfortable.

Where the hell is that, I bet it’s class 😂😂
It's in one of the grimest looking streets in the city, just the other side of the M8 from the Royal Infirmary. Lot of the land is polluted from chemical works gong back to Victorian times, plus it was a dumping ground for Irish immigrants.

Always recall a quote from one of my old bosses about a pub he went into one weekend; "Wouldn't say it was rough but you needed 3 black eyes just to get in"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back